Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Ten: We Are Detective

Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Ten: We Are Detective
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
CIA. Buffy is not happy about it.
Feedback: Yes, definitely. You can contact me at CAClarke2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:CAClarke2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> .
Rating: NC-17 Smut Alert.
BIG THANKS TO RYAN!

We Are Detective

Military transport really hasn't gotten any better in the last 30
years, Doctor Rosenburg thought to herself, as memories of her Uncle David's
National Guard trips to Panama on a C1-30 ran through her head. The plane
was cold and the seatbelts out of a science fiction novel. Even with all the
equipment on board, the C-1 was far too large for 3 women, 10 seals, and
their lab equipment. The 10 navy seals in civie's were in the front sits
with Lt. Col. Simon Luggues. The space between the men and the 3 women only
illustrated how large the plane was.
Willow had read the brief, it said little more then the car radio had
told her. A bunch of college kids, many from wealth families had gotten
themselves killed, either by, for or because of a demon cult.
"Wanna a bee's, Anything but Wanna bee's " Willow whispered out the window
in a silent prayer to the lesser gods of the skies. Still it was a pretty
view. Flying over the Rockies was breath taking. Willow rubbed her belly
ring thinking how much Buffy would love the view.
They landed at the old Staplton Airport. Meet by 4 FBI cars and two black op
military vans. The seals loaded all the equipment while Pam and Martha did
the Bureau thing, Photo's and field reports.

Willow kept her ears open while she got into on of a car and plugged her
computer in to the FBI feed.
It took the redheaded doctor 5 minutes but she was into the corner's reports
and scene files. Another minute and she was cross-referencing scene markers
with occult books. After 5 more minutes she had found the demonic cults
using those found at the scene. Two reviling cults. One, a sixteenth century
Armageddon cult and the second, a feral shadow cult. Feral was a modern
group trying to organize the shadow world into returning to there origins.
Not quit the Scourge but not the nice's group of guys on the block. Well at
least Willow knew why project Raven had been brought in. If her guess was
right one or more of the bodies at the sites may not be entirety human.
Lost in her research Willow almost missed Martha Reese call out, "Dr.
Rosenburg, could we get your opinion over here?"
Willow slid out of the car and pushed her way through the crowd of officers.

"Yes Deputy Asst. Reeves?"
"There you are, were have you been?" The older woman asked like a mother
scolding a teenager.
"You wanted my opinion?" Willow may have been working for the CIA by grace
of jail but she would be damned before she would be a slave to the Agency.
"Yes, Willow, Agent Dorth has photo's of ceremonial marks left at the crime
you should look at."
"Dr. Rosenburg, The marks made at the 1st Sloan Lake site were made from
goat's blood. We found the animal near the site."
Willow took the photo's she had already seen via computer.
"Yes I have looked at these already. 1st and 3rd Sloan Lake sites and the
Evergreen site all had the same marks around the outside alter. Marks were
placed there before the killings. The marks from the first Sloan and
Evergreen site were ceremonially placed using the blood of a goat. The 3rd
Sloan site used a bull. I haven't checked moon phase but the bull probably
had something to do with moon phase. Pam you should see if Dr. Wheeler can
look it up for us. We will need Astro checks for all the other sites as
well.

The cult marks at the 2nd Sloan Lake sight, the Scott Carpenter site and the
Cherry Creek site are from a different cult. Still need to check moon phase
and star cycles for all the dates but I don't know of any special holiday
last month. Then again there are two many ceremonial days to just rule that
out. The first group's marks are the Den tra, old medieval cult following
the twin demons Menguar and Celgar. Apocalyptic cult mostly. The second
group are the ones I'm worried about. New cult. Kind of a young Hitler's for
the demon world cult. We need to look at ties with the Feral. Cat People.
The marks made at this sites were human blood mixed with a die found in
cochlea shell. Makes it a deep blue. I will need to get the mark blood run
through analysis first, but it's there usual MO.
"Dr. Rosenburg may I speech to you," Martha looked up as Pam started toward
them. The Deputy Asst. then added "Alone please."
The two women headed toward an empty hanger. Willow had brought her computer
with her. The witch knew she would have to use it in demonstration soon.
When they were inside, with the lights on, Willow set up the machine on a
empty fuel drum loading up the gathered information.
"How could you have come to those conclusions so fast, Dr. Rosenburg." The
angry FBI agent asked.
"When you and Dr. Nichols were talking I accessed the online computer system
through the cars and up loaded the investigation files."
"You hacked the system?" Dep. Asst. Reeses was amazed and frightened.
"No, Dep. Asst., I am here as an FBI consultian. I have clearance to access
all relative files on the cases." As an after thought Willow added, " I only
use my powers for good Dr. Reese."
"What an interesting approach to life you Dr. Rosenburg." Martha said
holding back her feelings with sarcasm.
"Ok, enough games, Reese. I know you think I should be in jail. You have
went out of your way to make that point often enough. I understand that. And
at first I wasn't a real happy camper about being forced into a job like
this either. But you know what! I gave it a chance and I liked it. Mostly
because Pam gave me a chance too. I'm grateful to her. And because I gave it
a chance I found out I'm good at it. I help people with what I do and I
sleep good at night most of the time." The red head said.
"Dep. Asst. Reese, I can see were me being a FBI agent could cause problems.
I am so not FBI material. I'm too Mulder and not enough Scully. CIA though,
I do fit in there. My life has been a series of unbelievable secrets strung
together for the greater good."
"And I thought you were the shy one." Martha said thinking over the Redheads
statement.
"Ok, let's make a deal, since we need to work together. I need to use the
computer for my work and I "can " ask your permission every time I need to
do something or you can take my word I am not doing anything not ordered by
you, Pam or the CIA. If you want me to explain were I get stuff from I will
do that before I say anything to the other agents. But you need to spell out
what you want from me. How I can help on the case. If not then just send me
back to LA. "
"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer" Reese answered cryptically
. "You're going to be working and stay close to me Dr. Rosenburg. We are
sharing a room. But you're right, working rules might make it easier. First
tell me how you learned so much about the case so fast."
Willow had gone step by step over her finding with Martha. After a couple of
minutes Deputy Reese stopped the girl and retrieved several officers and
Pam. Then she had Willow begin again making her go painfully slow over the
information. Willow was surprised that they all took notes. Pam faxed Dr.
Wheeler her requested for moon phases and cult names and information during
her lecture.
Later they toured the Sloan lake sites. After lunch they finished viewing
the other sites.
Viewing the bodies was put off until the next day. So the women checked into
there rooms and ate diner.
Martha was good for her word. Pam had a room to herself while Willow shared
hers with Dept. Asst. Reese.

Willow had waited around to find a way of calling Buffy when Martha wasn't
in the room but in time she gave up. So the little witch stretched across
her bed in the holiday Inn and dialed on her cell phone. She could see
Martha peek out of corner of her eye from the chair she was watching TV in.

"Hey girlfriend what'cha doing." Willow's sultry voice filled the phone.
Martha couldn't hear the other voice but she had a very good guess that it
was a certain blond haired delinquent.
"Asked you first.'
***********
"Which one"
**********
"Forest Law Upscale slayage tonight." Willow saw Martha looking at her and
explained. "Buffy's involved in a big role playing game. The world of
geekdom."
This time Martha heard Buffy's response "Will you're a lousy liar."

"So you still love me, change of subject, how is Faith?"
********
"Does Michael think he can get her to go back in"
*****HELL*** Frez***** Was all Martha made out.
"That soon, I'll call him. If the seizures keep up she won't really have a
choice."
******s*****d
"Just try and get her to take her medicine."
********s
"You really think Angel can get her to do it?"
*****s
"Hey, I believe in miracles all the time. I'm with you. "
******v
"I am not full of sweet nothings."
********
"Oh! you are so punished when I get home."
**************
"No, Pam is in the other room, I'm with the one who into keeping her enemies
close.
**ve *****ss
"Yes, I am playing nice with the other spies and bullies. I miss you."
*********88
"Me too, oh before I forget, Faith's boytoy in the basement, you to have a
nice chart yet?"
***********
"So how did Angel get him to talk if you couldn't?"
*****
"Immortality... Yep I would talk too, I've scene the size of Angels "Fangs""
******
"You are Bad Buffy"
****B**88
"Is he really that big?"
******
"Did it hurt?"
***
"Oh sorry, I forgot you like pain."

It was all Martha could stand. "Young love." She left Dr. Rosenburg in
search of a drink. Martha was surprise when she found Dr. Nichols in the bar
nursing a beer.
"Want some company."
"Sure Martha, but I thought you were guarding Dr. Rosenburg. Give up and
chain her to the bed?" The 3 beer heavy Dr. Nichols said without thinking.
"Cute Pam, But I get the feeling she would get off of being chained to the
bed. No that would be her girlfriend. Actually Pam, I just had to get away
from Donna and Maria hour," Martha stated before finishing a shot and
ordering another."
"You want to run that by me again."
"Your star redhead and her girlfriend on the phone. Young love. I just can't
take that sweet and bubbly phases, the I love you, I miss you crap. It's
been one day for Christ sake.."
"Yeah, but they do make a cute couple. Martha, give the girl a chance, she
really isn't that bad."
"You really like this kid don't you Pam?"
"Yeah, I do. But she isn't a kid. Good women. I know part of her life is not
by the book."
"Only part?"
"Ok back up, what exactly are you having trouble with, I've never known you
not to give someone a chance before, so what is bothering you?"
"I can't believe it isn't bother you?"
"Agent I need facts, what is it you don't like about Dr. Rosenburg."
"Fine, I'll give you a count down. 1st The kid broke the law! She should be
doing jail time. 2nd Did the kid break the law? No way, not without help
from someone inside. Not for as long as she was doing it. Which leads to
number 3. Who is she working for. Can you be 100% percent sure it's for us,
Pam?" #4. Somebody has been following this kid around for a long time
cleaning up her messes. Most of the Computer files have been cleaned up a
bit but follow the hard trial. Between the kid and her girlfriend they have
one hell of a criminal record. All washed away by someone or something so
high up it doesn't even have a project name.
#5. Take the kids age into account. Her lovers too. Somebody in the
government has been keeping tabs on them since they were in their early
teens, The Summer's girl has hard records dating back to age 3. Weird stuff
too. A whole lot of people sent a lot of time and money searching for the
Summer's kid. I know Black ops when I see it, but black ops on a 3 year old?
" Martha order and drake another shot.
"#6. Look at the good doctor herself. It took her all of 15, 20 minutes to
sum up 3 days worth of work by a team of agents and then send them back to
look for the right clues. This isn't the first time I have seen her do it
either. I know she does it the Sherlock Holmes way and makes you feel like a
fool when she explains it step by step. It all makes sense, but is she
human?
Which brings use to point #7. The Rosenberg may pass for human, may even be
human but I am pretty damn sure her girlfriends isn't. I saw the Chaos Demon
tapes just as you did. No human could have killed that monster, At least not
alone bare handed."

"I didn't know they had shown you the tapes." Pam said surprised

"Yes, the CIA has been showing me a lot of favor since Dr. Rosenburg joined
us. Can't say I like it."

"I'm not sure I like it either to be honest."

"I keep wondering if both Rosenburg and Summers aren't some genetic
experiment. The Initiative wasn't the only one doing them, I figure the way
they have been keep out of jail, watch and shaped that maybe the girls are
control subject the need in the wild. It would explain the paper traces to
both of them. "

"I honestly don't know, and if I did I wouldn't be allowed to tell you.
Buffy regardless of what she might be is working on the right side. She
helps people not hurts them. If you saw the demon she killed then you know
who she is fighting against. But Martha are you sure your not just envious
of Rosenburg. The kid is smart, that's hard to miss but she is just a kid."

"Pam your fond of her I can see that?"

"I'm fond of both of them. "

"And the S & M role playing games? When Dr. Rosenburg didn't show up for
work two weeks ago and you covered for her. Actually the agency covered for
her before you ever said anything. I had her tailed a little. Pam, I was all
ready to believe the spell excess. That was at least Original, but then the
whole slamming the door in my face and taking loud enough to be heard in
Tibet, Conference in the den blew it."

"And you saw the marks when she was on the floor with the girl having
seizures." Pam concluded

"What no defense of Rosenburg?"

"No, they were under a spell and now they are not and what 2 consenting
adults do." Pam trailed off embarrassed by the whole subject.

"Ms. Summers didn't seem to be unhappy when I saw her. Young love. Pam I
have seen sexual role playing by much more normal people then those too. If
that was all it were about I wouldn't give a damn. The same is true of the
whole girl on girl thing with them as well. As you say consenting adults.
But some of the reports I got from the tails. Think of it this was, If I had
a couple guys, girls whatever doesn't matter, and one of the was a trained
killer. Sure she was a cop or something and used her powers for good.
Rosenburg said that to me this morning , powers for good part. Anyway so one
of them can break you in half with her bare hands. And the other member of
the couple is an Einstein type, she can build an H bomb out of old garage
parts and Lysol. As long as they are on the right side, what ever that may
be, everything in kosher. Then somebody slips them some kind of mega PCP
acid pill. They get stoned. You can see what could happen. It doesn't
because there friends do the coffee thing and stay with them. Sober them up.
Plus it helps that the two of them just want to spend all the time screwing
each other. It seems like a nice happy ending. Then the "what if's" start.
What happen if they don't want to screw each other? What if they want to
screw somebody else? What if their friends aren't around? What if's can kill
ya. Do the scariest what if, the one nobody wants to ask is, what if they
like taking the drug? Pandora's Box is open. Hence my worries that Rosenburg
and Summers are still role playing with each other."

"I know it could mean nothing." Pam said
"Or it could me everything. " Martha sipped her been in silence. Pam did the
same.

TBC

"The extreme always gets a reaction" -Heathers

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy