FF: Exquisitety Bored

Title: Exquisitely Bored
Rating R or PG13
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
just moved to Sunnydale. Cordillia and Buffy life long friends run head long
into the new slayer in town.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, don't like it don't read it.
Note: I really need feed back. I need direction. Just don't hurt me too
back, and yes I already know I suck at spelling and grammar. Who know I
would need those.

>From the journal of Buffy Anne Summers, February 2, 1997
Ok, here it goes. Great start huh? Well let's see what am I doing? Starting
a journal. Why? Because my freak of a step-dad wanted me to record my
thoughts for future generations. You have to understand Gile's has got this
whole serious librarian thing going. British librarian at that. You see my
father, Hank. (I haven't called him Dad in years.) left my mom in this
Podunk town when I was 3, to find himself.
Apparently my dad's self was at a rich law firm in LA, Wolfman and Hart. He
does pay child support, but I don't think he even remembers my name. In case
you are wondering. Giles promised me no one would ever look at this diary
until I am dead or 30 or something.
Back to the story. It was just Mom and me. She runs a small art gallery
downtown. Then about 3 years ago she met my stepfather. He took a job as the
high school Liberian. Giles is actually kinda neat; I just don't want him to
hear me say that. He makes mom happy and she hadn't been happy in a long
time.
Enough setup, fast forward, I'm in high school. A sophomore. I am also a
cheerleader along with my best friend Cordillia Chase. We have been best
friends since we were 5. We became friends when Xander Harris stole her
Barbie. I chased him around the playground and beat him up so he would give
it back. Xander Harris comes from the other side of town. The rich side. His
father owns a series of car sales places. You buy a car in Sunnydale and you
buy it from Mr. Harris.
Xander's also like the most popular boy in town. Personal, I don't get it.
He is cute but not gorgeous. He doesn't play any sports. No hold that, he
plays put-put golf. I guess it's the whole rich and well dressed thing that
makes him popular. Plus he always has a new car.
If you haven't guessed already I never liked Xander, but Cordillia does. She
is" SO" in lust. She chokes all up whenever he walks in the room. If I
thought it would help I would beat him up and make him take her out. Only I
know Cordy would kill me. So she just watches from a far. That and draws
pictures of him.
Which brings me to my next subject. Cordillia. She is great. I love her. She
is on the cheerleading squad with me. She's great at though I had to make
her try out. Cordy is kinda of shy. Which really just pisses me off. She is
so talented at almost everything. But art is what she is best at. You'll
find a better artist. She can draw anything only she never likes anyone to
know that she can draw.
Cordy's got this weird thing with her dad, she's is terrified that her dad
will find out she's an artist. Exactly why this should wig her dad I am not
sure. I just know Cordy becomes afraid when he and a number 2 pencil are in
her bedroom at the same time.
Her dad is out of work and he and her mom drink. A lot! Cordy stays at my
house most of the time, which leads to another problem. You see when I say I
love Cordy; well I mean I love her, like in "love her," I love her and not
like a friend love her. Well I do love her as a friend too.
Bet I could vague that up some more if I tried. Truth is I 'm kinda
confused about it all too. But I'm 15 what do you expect.
All I know is that as long as Cordy has loved Xander I have been in love
with Cordy. Yeah great and if the squad founds out I would be kicked off
cheerleading or banned from the locker room. I don't know what would really
happen. I don't want to find out.
Well, there it is, the story of my life. Not even worth a post card much
less a dairy.
Then again Giles doesn't really what to hear about my life. He gave me the
journal because she came and my world turned upside down. Her name is Willow
Rosenberg. All red hair and a sweet smile of her. I will never forget the
first time I met. She was standing by the water fountain getting a drink. I
was suffering under the babble that is Harmony. I wasn't really paying
attention. I spend most of trying to forget Harmony and I walk on the same
planet. So I was walking along with Harmony when I realized she had stopped
at the fountain.

"Hey new kid are you done with that."
"AH who me"
"Yeah you nerd, by the way I love the dress. "
"My mom picked it out."
"Glad to see you seen the softer side of Sears.

>From the journal of Willow Rosenberg. February 2,1997
Giles gave me this new leather covered dairy. He told me it was my duty as
the slayer. I've read lots of watcher diaries. Most are mind numbingly
boring but I have never read a slayer's journal, yet. Then again most of the
slayers before the 1850's never learned to read. The others, I suspect never
lived long enough to fill in their name much less a journal. Well maybe I'll
be one of the lucky ones.
Hum, where to start? The Begingin I guess. I once lived in LA with my
parents. I went to Hermy High. I was in the chess and computer club. I am
your basic nerd. Then Merrik came. He said I was the chosen one. The Slayer.
In theory if you are reading this you already know about watchers and
slayers, that or you're the little guys with the white coats come to take me
away, Oh MY Oh Me- I love that song.
All right back to the story, well after Merrik there was a lot of drama. I
found out Vampires were real. Learned to kill them. I burned down the gym,
twice. In my defense it was full of Vampires. The second time I burned it
down was for the same reason. After I was kicked out of school. I mentioned
the gym thing already right. My parents who were always fighting anyway
divorced.
My parents are your average Jewish liberals. Ok average depends on your
point of view but I think they're pretty normal. They're both college
professors. My mom teachers cultural anthropology at UCLA and my dad teaches
archeology at UC Sunnydaly. Well he teaches at UCS now! He did teach at UCLA
but they had cost cuts and they asked my dad to come to Sunnydale.
They lost the resident professor of archeology in Sunnydale to a vampire. I
hacked into the coroner's office for this information. They claimed it was
neck rupture. I know a Vampire's bite when I see one.
Dad and I moved to Sunnydale. I was all for it. Merrick had died. I was
kicked out of school. I just wanted to be a normal girl. Go back to being
net girl. I like being the nerd instead super slayer.
I started school at Sunnydale high after promising dad not to get throw out
of this school. I went into meet the school's principle. Bob Flukie. He
seems nice but stuck in the 60's. Anyway he gives me this whole speak about
getting a new start at Sunnydale and rips up my transfer papers. Then he
tapes it back together. Don't know what that was about. Then he reads it. He
gets to the burn down the gym part. He looks at me, then the paper, then me
and then he says in a dead pan voice, "It was a chemistry experiment gone
wrong wasn't it."
I just shrugged. The bottom line of our "little talk" was, he thought I
should wait until next year to take chemistry. From there the day went down
hill. First, I bump into this girl. She was really pretty, dark haired but
she was a cheerleader. When I bumped into her I dropped my bag. One of my
states fell out and I didn't notice at that time.
Not until she gave it back to me later.
Then I go to class only I don't have a book so I end up sharing with this
guy, Xander Harris. His jokes were all growner's but we hit it off. I though
that we might move into that potential friend area. He showed me to the
library to get a book of my own. That is when I meet Giles.
I should have had a clue he was a watch. All that tweed and British accent.
So I ask him for my class book and he throws down this big old VYMPER book.
I freak! I freak so bad I ran out of the library. One top of all this, I go
to the water fountain to calm down when this annoying blond cheerleader
comes over and insults my wardrobe. And you know half the school is
watching, while she is ragging my clothes.
Then while the future Miss March is playing Vogue princess of the fountain
I look at the cheerleader with her, and I noticed that she is actually
angry. And not at me. She is hiding it but I can tell. It's a slayer thing.
Anyway, Harmony, that is the annoying bitches name, storms off saying,
coming Buffy." Then Buffy shocks me even more She stands there with this
killer smile and says, "Later Harm." Everyone else just disappears, or I was
too stunned to notice them, anyway Buffy says," I am sorry about that. Harm
is a world unto herself. Just ignore her. God knows I try to. It is good to
have you here at Sunnydale."
Then she disappears down the hall, which was good for me, I had stopped
breathing.

Nothing big happened until lunchtime. I have these classes to catch up on.
Getting kicked out does that. The school counselor, I won't even began to
tell you what she had to say about my permanent record, anyway she told me
that Cordillia Chase was a great tutor. So I saw her outside all alone
eating yogurt. I book over and ask, "Hey, your Cordillia right?" Not
original I know.
"Yes why?."
"Ms. Dennis said you might be able to help me get caught up on my
schoolwork. I'm Willow by the way. I'm new." "Oh, Ms Dennis did say
something to me this morning, though I expected, " Then she stops in mid
sentence. I know what is on my records so I can guess what she thinks. So I
say:
"To be wearing more leather, and chain smoking."
"Yes," she says and then takes a huge breath. Cordillia has a great smiles.
I really liked her at this point.
"Willow I would love to help you caught up. I have a free period 6th we
could meet in the library."
Then I panic. I go into babble mode. "Or not, we could meet some place
quieter, I mean louder. It is just the library gives me the wiggins."
"Most of the kids here feel the same. I just love the library. Mr. Giles
brought all this old books and am I the single most dull person you ever
meet."
"No, I love books too. But I am surprised; you're a cheerleader. I
thought." And this time I stopped and held my breath. Cordillia just laughed
and finished for Me.
" we were all bubble headed bleach blondes who don't have a brain cell
between us. Yeah, unfortunatly I know what you mean."
"Bubble headed bleach blond we are speaking about Harmony right." Buffy said
as she and a nice looking guy came up and sat down beside her.
"Harmony would be a good example but we were talking about cheerleaders in
general." Cordillia answered
"Well, Buffy's not got a natural blond hair on her head and Cordy is a
major non blond, They get points for that right" Jesse joked as he playfully
poked Buffy.
"Willow, this joker is Jesse and the not so natural blond is"
"Hey, I think we have already met. I'm Buffy and just for the record. And
Jesse, I could be blond like dishwater blond.: The cheerleader said punching
her friend in the arm.
Cordillia gave Buffy a funny look. Jesse continued to play with Buffy's
hair. In silent answer to Cordy's eyebrow question Buffy added "Willow meet
Harmony during one of her fashion revues. "
"I think you mean fascist review," Jesse said.
"Don't let her get to you, Willow, she has to exercise that one brain cell
or it will freeze up." Cordillia laughed.
" Hey, I have a great idea why don't you come to the Bronze with use to
night". Buffy enthusiastically asked.
"The Bronze?" Willow responded
"A club, It's the only happening place in town. But it's in the bad end of
town." Buffy explained
"Where's that? "Willow asked
"About a block away from the good side of town". Cordillia added, "We don't
have a lot of town here"
"What do you expect from a one Starbucks kind of town." Jesse commented.
It was at this point that Harmony descended on them. "Well I see some of us
are downwardly mobile. Anyway I just came by to tell you that gym is
canceled today due to the extreme dead guy in the locker room.

I panicked again. "How did he die, were there marks?"
" Morbid much, I didn't see him" With that Harmony waddled off.
" I have to go someplace to do something which is not at all to do with, ah
never mind I gotta to book."
So I ran. It took me a little while and a picked lock but I got into see
the dead guy in the locker room. As a slayer it took me a short period of
time to figure out that it's sometimes better to pick locks then to break
them. Especially if you don't wish people to know you have broke in when you
were really meant to be there in the first place.
The dead guy killed by a vamp. Big surprise right!
Since it was my first day and I was set to be all normal girl I was pissed.
You know what they say about red heads? Well don't know about other people
but it's true for me. So I storm off to the library.

"The extreme always gets a reaction" -Heathers

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy