FIC: Two Worlds (Chapter 3: Writings In a New World)

hey all!

It's going slow, I know, but here's the next chapter

Cilia

Two Worlds
Cilia

Chapter 3: Writings In a New World

>From the Journals of Willow Rosenberg-Summers

I'm looking out the window of a beautiful ivory tower, the forest stretches
on into the horizon, and I'm in another realm. Now you might ask how did I
get here?
We were all gathered out in the desert, waiting for Al'x to work the magic
that would open the portal into the other realm, which will here on be
called Elf World, although there are more species there then just elves. Oh
great! I even babble when I write. We'd all hugged and kissed goodbye
before, something about everyone not going staying well away from the portal
which I understand perfectly. They watched from a nearby hill. Buffy looked
shocked, when she saw her mom hugging and kissing Czar goodbye thanking him
for everything he'd shown her. Daniel and Anya had said goodbye the day
before and it was actually kind of cute seeing Spike almost break out in
tears.
Buffy is ecstatic, she loves it here, as do I, there's something about this
place, it's just so peaceful. We're going to

>From the Diaries of Buffy Rosenberg-Summers

.I'm not going to be angry with mom, although she did sleep with a demon,
but hey who am I to argue on that point. Seeing Al'x open the portal was
quite a disappointment. It seemed so easy, he just broke a crystal and then
it opened. But we're here all set up in nice big, family, sized room. I just
know that things are going to be good from now on.
We'll meet King Solonus in a feast tonight, did I mention that it's being
held in our honor.
One month into my pregnancy and everything is five by five, I didn't write
that, oh shot! I can't fully describe the surprise that the elves showed
when the saw us, apparently having a colorful aura seems to be all the rage
around here.
I got a chance do see some ancient writings and Al'x has told me that there
is huge library with ancient texts in the palace. Gee guess I didn't spent a
year in speed reading archeology for nothing eh.

>From the Scriplings of Cordelia Chase

Since everyone else seems to have this special book which they write stuff
in. I thought I should also document this trip.
I'm scared, Stjar'a seems to be on edge and she cried last night. I hate
what this place is doing to her. I look around and see a beautiful shinning
city, surrounded by an endless forests.
We went and climbed the trees yesterday and then chased each other under the
light of two moons. We were happy, didn't have a care in the world. How can
someone consider what we feel to be wrong, back home it was because we were
both girls, here it's because she's an elf and I'm a human.
We'll be meeting her parents tonight at the feast that being held in our
honor and I'm nervous as hell. She going to introduce me to them as her "ast
'one" get it out in the open. In a way I'm flattered, that she would choose
me, I mean when I found out that she was of royal blood I didn't know what
to say. I just want to be perfect, I want them to accept me. Me a human of
no standing in this world, which one of the few things she's proud of in her
life is the fact that she's in love with their daughter. If not to hell with
them!
Buffy and Willow have been great to us, offering advice and support. Willow
even promised to turn people into mice if they hurt us. The dress is laid
out on the bed, our bed. I've been marked as a warrior, which means I'll be
wearing allot of green and gold. They said something about me being an
oracle too.

>From the Writings of Joyce Summers

I worry for my children, strange that I've come think of them all as my
children, especially Amy, she's seems so overwhelmed by this place. Me, I'm
fine. Czar made me promise that I needed not do anything to honor him on
this trip. In short he gave me an okay on sleeping around. Buffy and Willow
are happy its like they can feel the safety this place offers and I can feel
it too. Cordelia and Stjar'a seem to be hanging in there. They're breaking
one of the unwritten rules of this society by just being in love. I'm sure
they'll work through it, with our help if need be.
Everyone looked at me kind of funny, with fear. Al'x said it was nothing,
just my aura. Still it frightens me that I project an aura that makes people
run and hide, an elderly woman screamed and ran when she saw me.

* * * * *

"Where should I begin." Amy wondered out loud as she looked out over the
sunlit forest from atop the outer wall of the palace.
"The beginning is always I good place." Came a soft voice.
"Well then it would a pretty long story." Amy said as she turned and met
golden eyes that rested in an exotic face, short black hair revealed the
pointed ears that marked the owner of the voice as an elf. He looked young,
but his eyes were old.
"You're one of the travelers aren't you?" He asked as he leaned over the
wall.
"That's me. I'm Amy by the way." Amy said trying to sound confident.
"Vitor." The man introduced himself and offered her an elegant hand.
"What no elaborate pronunciation or anything?" Amy asked with a grin.
"Excuse me?"
"Sorry human joke." Amy said.
"Ah!"
"Do you know Al'x?" Amy asked.
"I've met him once or twice. Then of course heard the stories."
"He's that big here then is he?"
"He is as you put it big. He's a hero to both elves and humans alike and he'
s even made friends among Dragons and Dwarfs." He stated and Amy could have
sworn that his chest puffed out a bit.
"Hey there are Cordy and Stjar'a!" Amy exclaimed as two figures ran through
the forest below.
"Yes they look happy." Vitor stated bluntly.
"You're not one of those who think it's wrong for an elf and a human to get
together are you?"
"No, I respect love in any form, between all species. It's just that for
Stjar'a, Cordelia's life is short compared to hers." Vitor explained.
"So there's no growing old together, but that's not an excuse for not being
happy in the here and now. Carpe diem."
"Meaning?"
"It's an ancient saying in my realm. It means seize the day."
"Wise words and true. Why forfeit happiness now on the account of possible
sorrow in a distant future?"
The was rustle in one of the trees and birds flew up in all direction. Amy
smiled at the sight, but then turned sad.
"This saddens you?" Vitor asked as he looked out over the forest to see two
figures running through a clearing.
"We sometimes see things we'll never have." Amy answered.
"And sometimes the dream is all we have." Vitor said and then offered her
his hand.
"Come with me." He said.
Amy looked at the offered hand and then out over the forest, she gently took
it.
"Were are we going?"
"I'm going to show you the beauty of my home and help you forget. If only
for a moment."
"Forgetting is good." Amy said with a small smile as they walked down into
the courtyard and then out through the gates.

"So are you warrior like Al'x?" Amy asked as they wandered through a crowded
marketplace. He walked with grace, every movement fluid and his presence
seemed to demand respect from those they passed.
"I was once long ago." Vitor answered as he picked up two pieces of orange
fruit and flipped a small coin towards the vendor.
"You don't look it."
"I'm an elf."
"Sorry forgot."
"What gods do you worship?" Amy asked as they passed a building that
appeared to a be temple.
"That's an odd question."
"I'm an odd person." Amy stated as she bit down into the orange fruit. The
flavor was like that of an apple, but the texture of a pear.
Vitor gave mock sigh and sat down on the white steps of the building.
"In short we elves worship various gods. The Moon elves, like your friend
Stjar'a, worship the goddess of the moon called T'ngl. Forest elves worship
the Spirits of the Forest, the Dark elves worship the Spider Queen and the
elves of the cities like me worship the Goddess, then of course there are
numerous deities which would take weeks to count."
"Do they ever interfere with mortal affairs?" Amy asked as she bit down into
the orange fruit again.
"Sometimes, but you should ask your friend Al'x about this. It's been said
that he's had contact with several."

"Well thank you for showing me your home." Amy said as she stood outside her
room.
"It was my pleasure."
"Will I see you at the feast tonight?"
"Who knows, I might put in an appearance." He answered with smile.
Amy smiled at him as she closed the door, when it was closed she allowed
herself to slide down onto the floor. Coming here was turning out to be
quite interesting.