Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Thirteen: Of Blood and Honor

Title:Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Thirteen: Of Blood and Honor
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
CIA. Buffy is not happy about it.
Feedback: YES, HELP! Need direction, love and encouragement or the name of a
good therapist . Yes, I already know I suck big time at spelling, grammar as
well as the English Language in general
Rating: NC-17 Smut Alert.

Of Blood and Honor

Willow was depressed. The more she researched the files the more she became
depressed. Still Willow was a scientist, a doctor. So the witch detached her
feeling and examined the evidence. The most proving being her own body. It
did more then prove the point the files were making, it was the point the
files were making. Her DNA was for all practically purposes not human. It
may have looked and acted like human DNA but on close examination the
illusion disappeared.
Willow just gave up on any other explanation. She was the improved
Frankenstein monster. Having been almost burned at the stake once in her
life she still preferred it to euthanasia and clinical autopsy like some lab
rat. The redhead cringed at the idea of ending up in a specimen jar at some
medical school brought out on freak lecture day. Willow who had once been so
proud to be a doctor. A pathologist, because she could help people. Save
lives. Learn from others for the greater good. Now she just hoped she did
more good then evil.
That what she did was for the greater good of ? Humanity? She was not a
member of humanity. How could she still believe she was working toward the
great good of humanity? Was she programmed for that? Worse yet Willow still
DID care about people. She wanted her work to be meaningful. She did want it
to help people. Protect the innocent. She was just so confused by it all.
And some how Buffy stood by her side.

If it hadn't been for Buffy, Willow might have just curled up in a corner
and dead. Buffy kept loving her. Reminding her that none of this changed
anything. But it did. It changed how Willow thought of herself. She didn't
have a word for what to call herself. Hacker, Witch, Lover, Lesbian,
Daughter, Friend: Those labels were sweep aside, forgotten. And only one
thing reminded. "Not Human."

Willow tried to hide most of her depression from her friends and family with
little luck. Still they stood by her while giving her time to heal. Willow
was doing a pretty good job at hiding her feelings at work. She was her sly
efficient self. Most of the people she worked with liked her and she in turn
liked them. Pam who had become a dear friend was there when the false front
thinned.
The situation may have continued for a long time had it not been for a
certain Wednesday.

Most of the scientist and technicians were in the lab working. Willow and
Dr. Ellen Piece were running tissue samples for tritium. Ellen was
fascinated by Willow; then again Ellen was a curious person by nature. When
Willow unconsciously rubbed her belly ring for what must have been the
hundredth time that morning, Ellen's curiosity got the better of her.

"Willow, you have a tummy earring right?"
Willow was watching the reading on the machine and was only have listening.
"Yes." And then Willow wrote down another note on her clipboard.
"Is it infected.'
"Is what infected." Willow was really lost in her own depressive own
thoughts, and trying to get lost in meaningless numbers.
"Your belly ring, here let me look before you rub the thing out your back."
Ellen who not only was curious but assertive was pulling Willows shirt up
enough to see the ring in the middle of the lab for at least 12 other people
to see.
Before Willow could object, Ellen was on her knees with her eye level with
the witches belly. "It doesn't seem to be infected. Does it inch?" The
Doctor asked pulling it up a little with her hand.
"Do you mind." Willow said but was frozen in place.
"If it's not infected and it doesn't inch what's with the consistent
rubbing." Ellen asked innocently
<God save me from research scientist> Willow thought and then said. "Ellen
not that it's any of your business but have you ever heard of sentimental
value?"
"Your belly ring is sentimental? How?" Ellen really was too curious for her
own good.
"Buffy and I got them when we got married. It comforts me. Now are you
happy." Willow said pulling her shirt down and turning around to go back to
work.
"You got married!" Mark shouted from across the room, "please tell me it
isn't to the freak you live with." Mark was not a bright man.
Willow turned back around her knuckles solid white as she gripped the
clipboard. Glass tubes and pencils all around Mark began to shake and rattle
and Willows eyes flashed for just a half a second solid black with a glowing
green center. Then it was gone. Everything was quiet. And Willow's voice
tight shouted, "Mark I never want to hear you say anything about Buffy
again. She is not a freak. She is a hero, and I'm not worthy of her but she
loves me just the same. I will not let you insult her ever again." Willow
stormed out of the room shaking.
Almost all people in the room thought Mark was a jerk and thought nothing of
the rattling items. It was LA and aftershocks were not unheard of. Mark
just thought Willow was nuts. But both Ellen and Pam had seen the change in
her eyes. That small almost of unseen flash. If it was the only thing to
happen that day it would have been enough. It was in fact the tip of the
iceberg.

Pam caught up with Willow in the bathroom crying.
"Will, Mark is a jerk. Ellen is something."
"Just overly curious and I was the one who almost lost it. I'm sorry."
"I don't think anyone noticed."
"You did."
"Yes, well I also know you could have thrown Mark though the wall and I
won't even mention what Buffy could have done to him for pissing you off."
"We don't hurt people Pam." Willow said firmly.
"I know I heard your mission statement." Pam said gentle running her finger
along Willow's check. "Come back to the lab when you're ready.

Pam had not been the only one to check on Willow. Ellen had heard the
complete conversation but waited until Pam started out to come in and see if
Willow was ok. Curiosity was not always a good thing. Ellen chose to not ask
any question. Yet.

It was later that afternoon when word came in they had a live subject. An
elfin demon of some kind that Mark had captured. Most of the staff headed to
the observation area. When Willow and Ellen got into the room it was fully.
They could watch the Mark questioning a small blue demon chained in an
examining chair below the observation lounge.
When Willow entered she had expected to see what they usually saw during one
of this sections. Some giant evil demon bent on destroying humanity. This
time what she saw was a small child about 9 or 10 of the elfin family. He
was blue skinned and red eyed. He was also frightened and hyperventilating.
Willow's stomach jumped in her throat.
Then the worst thing in the world happened, Mark slapped the child. Why,
suddenly didn't matter. Others in the room were shocked by what Mark had
done. No reacted the way Willow did. With a scream of "No" Mark went flying
against the back wall and was knocked out.
Willow was in the room and by the boy's side in seconds. The others thought
it was the boy who in self-defense had knocked Mark out and were getting
ready to drug him. The military guys lead by Simon had their guns out. Most
of them thought Willow had run in to check on Mark. When she started to
untie the child they stood silent looking at Simon for a signal about what
to do.
"Sorry, I am so sorry." Willow said unchaining the boy. "they don't
understand, Please forgive us."
Simon Luggue signal his men to put there guns away, and reached to touch
Willow on the shoulder with his own gun pulled out and said. "Willow, get
away from the boy. I don't think he hurt Mark on purpose but that doesn't
mean her won't hurt you."
Willow stopped what she was doing and turned to Simon her eyes black with a
green glow.
"Simon the boy didn't hurt anyone, I did. I didn't mean to and I am sure he
is only knocked out. I can feel Marks heart beating steadily. Now move back.
I don't want anyone hurt. I have never wanted to hurt any one. I just want
to free the boy."
Willow went back to untying the boy.
Thomas Michael an agent with the FBI asked Simon, "What do we do?"
Another CIA agent asked, "Do you think she is possessed?"
"Willow I can't let you just take the boy, You understand that right." Simon
said now training his gun on Willow.
"Simon, I like you but never point a gun at a witch." With that Simon's gun
flew into her hand. Willow just popped the magazine out of it and handed the
empty gun back to Simon. Tell the others not to fire, If I'm scared I might
send the bullets back to their starting point without thinking about it.
Please Simon tell everyone to just back away. I don't want to hurt anyone."
Willow cried.
"Simon tell them to stand down. Put there guns away." Martha Reese ordered
as she came in the room.
Willow picked the frightened boy up and into her arms. "Thank you" The witch
whispered.
"Willow did you know you hand this much power?" Martha asked
"No, I never use it unless I have to, I only use it for good, to help
people, to help Buffy." Willow said her confusion clear, tears pouring down
her face, as she wondered why she snapped like this and how she was going to
get her and the boy out of it.
"Willow what are you going to do with the boy?"
"Get him safe. I don't know. Mark would have hurt him. He's just a little
boy." Willow cried.
"Did you mean to hurt Mark?"
"Of coarse not, I just wanted to stop him." Willow closed her eyes and
stretched out with her mind. "He is just bruised. He is awake now." This was
all new to Willow. She had never used her powers like this before.
True enough, Mark shot to his feet and screamed "Kill it, Kill it."
"Thomas take Mark out of here and have him checked out by medical." Martha
ordered.
Simon sent two of his men to help Thomas get Mark out of the room since he
keep screaming "Kill it" and trying to get his gun out.
When the room was quiet Martha turned back to Willow who was holding the boy
and gentle stroking his head.
"Willow why don't you take the boy to your office and see if you can learn
how we can get the boy back to his parents. Simon and Pam will stay with
you. Is that expectable." Martha asked

In two hours Martha had returned everything almost to normal. But she still
had to face a group of scientist, agents and soldiers and give them some
kind of explanation. Martha knew the way the agency worked. So some form of
the truth would be released to the project regardless of what she said.
Better it came from her then anyone else.

Martha brought everyone into their largest conference room including Willow.
After everyone was seated she waited for the room to get quiet.
"I am going to go over some information tonight. This will be the only time
I go over it and it will not be discussed later. If you have looked around
the room you will see Mark Bison is no longer with us. He is fine medically,
bruised but fine. He was transferred to our Texas office. He was transfer
because of his treatment of the boy demon. I was on my way to release the
demon he captured when Dr. Rosenburg intervened. Her action were wrong and
she will be reprimanded for them." The room was silent and afraid to speech.
Few people liked Mark and most felt it was good residence. This wasn't the
first time he had picked up a small demon to punch around.
No one liked the fact it was a child he had slapped. Simon was just about to
do the same thing Willow had done to him with his hands only Willow got
there first.
But the question that bothered the group was how did Dr. Rosenburg do
whatever it was she did."

"First does anyone here have any question that Brisons actions were wrong?
Martha asked
Dr. Wheeler spoke up. "He got off easy. Elfin are gentle non-hostile demons.
His behavior was uncalled for and I have on many occasion stated my
displeasure over his handling of cases."
"I agree with doc, but I am not sure I understand about Dr. Rosenburg. How
did she take my gun." Simon asked.
Martha picked up a clipboard from the table and held it out. "Willow would
you please pass this to Simon. I think everyone needs a demonstration of
your skills."
Willow who had been looking down at the floor, knotted and picked the
clipboard up bringing it to land in front of Simon.
"Hey your eyes didn't do that glow thing they did earlier." Ellen stated.
"What glow thing Ellen? "Martha asked.
"Before lunch when Mark insulted Willow's girlfriend and she got pissed and
shook a few pencils like an aftershock."
Thomas interrupted, "That was her."
"I think so, anyway her eyes did that thing like they did when she knocked
Mark into the wall."
"Willow do you know what she is talking about?" Martha questioned.
Willow just lowered her head and knobbed no."
"She can't see her own eyes Martha and It was less then a second earlier
today." Pam said.
"And you didn't tell me!" Martha said angrily
"With all the stress you have her under now, it didn't seem important.
Besides I wanted to Knock the guy into the wall before lunch too over his
mouth. She didn't act on it then Martha." Pam said with the same tone back.
"So how often do her eyes glow like that? Does it give her more power? What
is the most amount of weight she can lift." Ellen said excitedly
"Will you all stop talking about me like I'm not in the room. And I will not
be a lab rat not for you Ellen! Not anyone." Willow stated.
"I'm sorry, It's just I have never meant a human that could do things like
this before.' Ellen said still the scientist.
"And you still haven't" Willow stated sadly. "No one ever said I was human."
Willow simply got up and walked slowly out of the room.
"Pam go after her." Martha said.
'Is that true." Simon asked.
"Yes it is true and I would appetite you cutting her some slack. She only
just found out."
"Is the girl a half breed? They often don't come into the knowledge until
they are adults. Dr. Wheeler asked.
"No she is not a demon. Not a half breed. Not a human and she is not ET. She
is something else. Something other. And she is on our side or rather the
side of good. She is also my friend. She was wrong in what she did today but
not why she did it. If we are the good guys, we can't just go around like a
bunch of Nazi and bully things simply because they are different from us.
And Ellen I don't want you doing anything resembling testing on her. She is
one of us. Now are their anymore question." Martha asked.
"Yes," Simon asked The boy were is he?
"Willow has a friend who is a PI. He knows most of the demon communities in
town. The boy was turned over to him and he will send us a bill when he
returns the boy to his parents."
"Good, and I am glad Mark is out of here." Simon said contently

"The extreme always gets a reaction" -Heathers

"Anyone who's not having fun here, follow me." -Buffy