Kimber's Challenges

Hey all,

Well, since our List Daddy is busy with a broken leg and a carnival and real life as such,
I figured I'd take it upon myself to offer a challenge. I love Rod to little bits and
pieces, and I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his shoes for a moment.

I think we've hit a bit of a plateau where fic is concerned and we've leveled out in the
past few weeks. I'd like to get the ball rolling again so kick those brains into gear and
listen up!!

Challenge 1
Monologue: It can be Buffy or Willow speaking. Pick a B/W moment from any season and,
speaking as the character, tell how she feels. It could be Willow speaking after she
walks in on Buffy and Riley during 'A New Man' or Buffy's thoughts after she tells Willow
she loves her during "Wild at Heart'. Subtext, subtext, subtext!!!!

Challenge 2
Script: Write a script! Complete with camera angles and scene set ups. No thoughts!!
We don't hear the characters thoughts in the show...this could prove interesting...show us
what they're thinking by their actions..

Challenge 3
Dialogue: Remember the library scene in Earshot when Willow is speaking to Buffy but
she's thinking something entirely different? Do it! Show us the inner workings of the
Wiccan's mind and how her thoughts conflict her words and actions. Do the same with
Buffy. We never got a peek into the Slayers mind, so how closely do you think her
thoughts mirror her actions? Put them in a situation and draw out the angst...show us the
inner turmoil!

Here are the statistics for our lists:

BuffyLovesWillow: 255 members

BuffyWantsWillow: 333 members

We sure do have a lot of lurkers don't we? My challenge is simple: If you've never
written something, try it....personally, I find it to be an amazing release from everyday
life...that's why I do it so often. I have written fics in response to Rod's
challenges..but I have also gone off on my own little tangent with something I came up
with entirely on my own. It doesn't have to be perfect or 20 parts long...hell, it can
even be just one page long from a word processor. I belong to several other lists and a
hot debate topic as of late is proofreading. Personally, I don't care about spelling
errors and I make plenty myself....I look at the fics that get beamed to my mailbox as
works in progress. If you are self concious about this or grammar or it being hard for
you to write in english then ask for help. On Rod's homepage he has a section where
people have offered themselves up as beta (proof) readers. I'll also offer my services
here and now. I was an English major in college (well, that was one of my majors before I
changed it 3 times) and I know how confusing it can be....and it's my first and only
language!!!

Ok...so I didn't plan on this email being so long.
But what else could you expect from a redheaded-wicca-studying-computer-geek? Babble,
babble, babble, babble...ugh...it's not that bad though...I'm worse in real life...just
ask Dave about our Midnight chats! I can go on for hours really...LOL

Just a little incentive....Nominations are still being taken for the first ever Buffy and
Willow 'Shipper Awards. If you can squeak your fic in before the 15th of March, then
maybe you can get nominated. Hey...it could happen!!!

Love you all....now get cracking!!!!!!! lol

~~Kimber

--
http://www.Kimbers-Corner.net

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Buffy: "Giles, I've never seen her like this. It's like it hurts too much to form words."
Giles: "You've felt that way yourself and you got through it."
Buffy: "Yeah. I ran away and went to hell and then got through it. I'm kind of hoping she
doesn't use me as a model."
Giles: "Fair enough."