FIC: Two Worlds (Interlude 1: The Ones Who Stayed Behind)

Hey all!

Well someone asked about how the rest of the gang are doing in Two Worlds,
well Spike gets a surprise and we take a quick look into the life and times
of Faith and Giles and just why is Wesley driving himself so hard? Enjoy!

Cilia

Two Worlds
Cilia

Interlude 1: The Ones Who Stayed Behind

Spike rested his hand against the window of his downtown office. Ever since
being made an immortal human he'd taken over all of Daniel's duties. He was
now the COE of Night Enterprises. His main weapons now included a palmtop
and a briefcase. His hair was black once again, but his attitude hadn't
changed much. He still made it clear who ruled the city.
Luna alternated her time between the Council and the Scooby Gang. She'd
taken over both as their resident witch and mother hen. He'd been urging her
to slow down, but she would hear nothing of it.
It had been peaceful since the departure of The Slayer. There were of course
the usual weekly crisis on and around the Hellmouth, but they were under
control. As it turned out, to nobodies surprise, Faith and Giles made pretty
lethal pair and Wesley seemed more driven since Amy's departure. Given the
reasons for her leaving for the realm noone questioned him for drowning
himself in his work. It was his way of trying to make amends.
Czar had taken over as his nightly body guard and had come to be
accepted within the community as regular sight. He was also quite popular
among the ladies for some reason.
Daniel had sent him a postcard from Sicily. Telling him that he was
prolonging his stay indefinitely. As it turned out the small undying
community was without a leader, so he had stepped in. The community wasn't
nearly as large or massive as the one in the city, but it sounded like a
nice retirement plan. Of course Anya was staying too.
Now he stood and gazed over the city, his city, pondering the
future. The door behind him opened and he saw Luna's reflection in the
glass.
"You wanted to see me?" she asked.
Spike turned around and smiled at her.
"Please sit," he said trying to keep his voice calm.
"William you're acting very strangely," she commented as she sat
down on the black leather couch..
"Well I'm nervous luv," he said as he sat down.
"Whatever you have to tell me William just say it," she said
with smile.
Spike had come to know that he could hide very little from his lover,
something that didn't bother him as much as it would have and the reason for
what he was about to say.
"Marry me?" he said, so fast that no human could have heard it.
"And you were nervous about something like that?" she asked with
a grin.
"Is that an yes or a no?" he asked in a confused voice.
"Yes William I will marry you," she said calmly with a small
smile
He looked at her while he slipped the ring onto her finger.
"Now William there's something I want to tell you," She said as
she took his hand.
"What is luv,"
"William I'm pregnant," she said.
There was thud as Spike hit the floor. Luna sighed, walked over to his desk
and pressed the button on the intercom.
"Lucy would you please call the doctor,"
"Of course Mrs. Argent. What's the problem? I heard a thud."
"It seems that William has fainted." Luna said with a smile.

* * * * *

Faith hung onto Giles arm as they strolled through the cemetery. The time
since Buffy and Willow's departure had gone by so fast.
He'd taken it upon himself to further her education, both academic and in
the ways of the world. She would often joke about how he was trying to turn
her into a respectable lady. Still he'd made some progress. She'd passed her
high school exams with flying colors and her closet now included something
more the formfitting leather and spandex.
His hair had grown considerably and regained some of its youthful color and
his worry lines had started to fade. Wesley had suggested that it was the
effect of the Blade of the Night, but Giles didn't care much. He was more
glad than curious, glad because people no longer regarded them as father and
daughter when they first saw them.
Faith had allowed her hair to grow freely and wore it in a long braid down
her back. She even wore a Buffy style suit and coat, when called in to
assist Spike in his city.
The relationship was still more or less a secret, Luna knew of course and
they were sure Czar had his suspicions, but luckily he wasn't around much.
Some nights they would look up into the sky and wonder how their friends
were doing. Hoping that they were happy and well.