Greatest Weakness (1/?)

Title: Greatest Weakness
Author: Inell
Email: Inell13@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: Joss owns them all
Rating: R
Feedback: Makes me write
Notes: Something new. Takes place immediately after the Season 2 finale.
No Oz, just cause I don't want him here. :) To the people who said
Finally. You know who you are.....

GREATEST WEAKNESS (1/?)

Willow couldn't sleep. She heard the droning beeps from the machines she
was hooked into. She hadn't heard from Buffy or Xander. She had no idea
if they were both laying dead somewhere. She knew that Kendra was gone,
another slayer called. She closed her eyes, wishing for an answer.

Buffy waited until the nurse was busy before sneaking into Willow's
room. She saw her friend laying there, pale and tired. She felt a pain
in her heart. This was all her fault. Jenny was dead because of her. Her
mother had found out her secret.
Angel was gone, killed by her. And Willow had almost died. She felt
tears in her eyes as she imagined life without the redhead. She moved
closer to the bed, stopping when green eyes watched her.

"Buffy?" Willow said, taking in the slayer's appearance.

"Willow" Buffy said softly, moving beside the bed. "How are you?"

"I'm going to be fine. You know me, takes more than some bookcase to
kill me."

"Don't even joke about that" Buffy said,
her voice low.

"What happened?" Willow asked, knowing that something was wrong.

Buffy glanced away, "I did it...he's gone."

"Oh god...Angelus?" Willow asked, reaching for Buffy's hand. She held it
tightly, wishing she could take away the pain her friend was feeling.

Buffy shook her head, "No...it was Angel."

"What? The spell...it worked?"

Buffy looked at her, "What spell?"

"Xander was suppose to tell you...I tried the curse again....you were
suppose to buy time...he didn't tell you?"

Buffy shook her head, not able to feel anger towards the boy. He had
made her do something she should have done months before. "No. I had to
kill him, Willow. It was Angel...I couldn't stop it. Everything is
falling apart. The police are after me...Mom hates me...Angel is
gone...I have nothing left."

"You have me." Willow said softly. "I don't
like the tone in your voice, Buffy."

Buffy smiled, "I have you? Even after I almost got you killed...twice?"

"You're my best friend. You'll always have me." Willow said, her eyes
showing the truth in her words.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Buffy asked softly, looking at the
redhead in amazement.

"Got lucky I guess" Willow said, smiling.

"I'm leaving Sunnydale....I have to get away...Too many memories...."

"No!" Willow cried out. "You can't leave. Running never solves
anything."

"I have to, Willow" Buffy said, praying her friend understood.

Willow looked away, "I don't want to be here alone....please stay?"

"I can't.....so much has happened....." Buffy trailed off, looking at
her friend. She loved Willow. Since Angelus had come, she had often
thought about her life. It had dawned on her after he first attacked
Willow, that he knew something she was trying to ignore. He had gone
after Willow first....he had recognized Buffy's love before she did.

Willow was her weakness....her greatest weakness. She'd do anything if
it meant saving the redhead. She hadn't realized it was love until she
and Angelus had had words a few weeks before. He had mentioned going
after Willow again. She couldn't describe the anger she had felt. She
had come closer that night to killing him than any other. She let eyes
watch a tear go down the redhead's cheek.

"Buffy...promise me you won't go." Willow begged.

Buffy shook her head, "I have to go. I can't deal with all this now. The
police...mom...Kendra and Jenny...All my fault....Angel....God Wills.
The look in his eyes. I'll never forget it. He loved me and I killed
him. How can I ever forgive myself?"

"Running won't make it easier."

"I'll be back. I just have to go away...give myself some time to adjust
to everything. Mom kicked me out....I just feel so alone right now."

"Quit! I told you, I will always be here for you.....you're just going
for the summer?"

Buffy nodded, "I can't leave Sunnydale that long....I just need some
time. There are so many things I have to deal with right now...."

"Be careful...please?"

Buffy looked at Willow, her heart tightening as she realized she'd be
without the girl for a few months. "Willow?"

"Yes?" Willow asked quietly, trying to understand why the thought if
Buffy leaving hurt her so badly.

Buffy took a deep breath, her eyes serious, "Come with me."