Re: [buffywantswillow] OT: The death of my website

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:41:18 -0400, you wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>My apologies for sending this to all my lists, but I find it very important for you to
>know.
>
>My web site provider is Fortunecity and I was going to upload a ton of fic tonight, but
>alas....it's bitten the dust. I am way freaking out because I've heard in fic circles
>that Fortunecity will delete your page if it has received complains of 'objectionable
>material' being displayed or if they deem the material inappropriate. Ireally don't
>consider fic to be objectionable, but it has happened to at least one person that I know
>of.

FWIW, your page is still accessable by the public, so they haven't
deleted anything. According to Netcraft, Fortunecity is running
Apache on Solaris, so I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't be able to
log in. Maybe their FTP process freaked or something.

Erin
--
Faith: "Ready to cut loose?"
Buffy: "Try me."