FF: Answer to Ryan /Poetry and Song

Title: Poetry and Song
Rating R
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, don't like it don't read it.
Note: I really need feed back. I need direction. Just don't hurt me too bad,
and yes I already know I suck at spelling and grammar. Who knew I would need
those.

Poetry and Song

Buffy was sitting on her bed looking for a poem to critic for her English
lit Class. It wasn't the absent of poems that was driving her crazy. Nor was
it the abundance of poems that was wigging her out. It was her life. She
loved Riley really she did. It just that he sleep with Faith. Sure in her
body but he should have been able to tell the difference.

"OK, that might not be rational. But it was what she felt. Speaking of
feeling, What was up with Willow. I know she is seeing somebody. Like I
wouldn't notice her being gone all night. But I never see her with anybody.
Well her wiccian friend Tara, but she is just a friend. So I don't get it.
Is Willow ashamed of us, or is she seeing Spike or something else gross."
Buffy said to the empty room.

Buffy picked up her book and flipped a few more pages. Then she stopped when
the title of the poem caught her eye. "Standing at the Gates of Hell. Well
that's me. " The slayer said to her self.

She looked over the poem that matched her life and read it out loud

Standing at the gates of Hell
pushing the evaluator button down
Searching for oblivion -It does sound good in this heat

"Oblivion isn't that the destiny of all slayer." Buffy continued reading

but I try instead,
And I try
AND
TRY
I am such a fool

"Yep, that's me a fool who try's. Standing at the mouth of hell." Buffy
returned to the poem.

I linger with the believe that heavens comes
Good always wins
Evil is week
and the meek will inherit the earth.
They are the lies told to
children
Lies to hid the truth
as if there was such a thing as truth.

"Lies like vampire aren't real and nothing goes bump in the night. And
innocent people never die. God I wish I didn't know what I know. But I would
never gotten to meet Xander and Willow.

If I could only understand
See the quantum physics of the land.

"What's quantum physics?"

I hold my hands up in the pouring rain and scream
THIS IS THE WAY YOU WANTED IT?
I couldn't understand

"Like anybody understands life on hellmouth. Other then the physics thing I
like this poem."

I recognized the lies but do not have the strength to apologize
For being my own man
For wanting it all
Only I am not a man
nor a child
and I have never wanted it all,
Only enough to survive- To feel alive.

"Like I am going to survive to see thirty. Riley needs to find a girl friend
that can fuck him like Faith and isn't a slayer."

So I am standing at the gates of hell
banging down the door-
wanting in.

"Right, I hope know one ever finds out how many times I wanted to bang on
the door to hell. How many times I want to kill myself and go to hell to be
near Angel one more time. I will always love him. Damn I love Riley too."

Just then Willow walked in and gave Buffy the funniest look. "Did one of us
forget we are going to Anderson Hall for a party. You want to put something
on over those PJ's I know how much you like the whole cow thing.

A little later Willow and Buffy walked into Anderson being splashed with
beer before they got in the building.

"Hey at least it wasn't Jell-O shooters. They stain." Willow said to a
distracted Buffy. So the witch grabbed Buffy and drug her over to a table
with Xander, Anya, Riley and her Tara.

"Hey everybody." Then the red head gave Buffy a strange look.

Buffy still in Poem mode was listening to The Kiss by Faith Hill. Only this
time she was hearing the lyrics for the first.

I don't want another heartbreak
I don't need another turn to cry
I don't want to learn the hard way
Baby Hello, oh no, goodbye

Hello goodbye. That was her life with Angel. Now Riley, God she didn't think
she could stand another heartbreak. Hell look like a better choice.

But you got me like a rocket
Shooting straight across the sky
It's the way you love me

"Buffy would you like to dance." Riley asked When Buffy didn't say anything,
Riley turned to his new friends, Any body besides Xander like to dance?"

"Tara doesn't know how to dance maybe you could teach her a few steps." A
blushing Willow said.

It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
"Sounds good to me, Tara would you like to dance?" Riley asked

"I, ah, I ah." Tara stuttered nervously, her cheeks bright red.

"That's yes." Willow said pushing her at Riley.

It's perpetual bliss.
It's that pivotal moment

Riley was a perfect gentleman as he lead the frighten girl to the dance
floor. He whispered to her comforting words and took her arms pulling her
close for a slow dance to a fast song.

It's (ah) impossible
This kiss, this kiss... unstoppable... this kiss, this kiss

Willow watched Tara with Riley, wishing she was Riley, only she would be
kissing Tara. How she wanted to kiss her in front of her friends. Willow
wanted to tell her friends she just didn't know how.

Cinderella said to Snow White
How does love get so off course

Off course, yes that is what happened to her and Riley. They were off
course. Buffy thought.

All I wanted was a white knight
With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse.
Ride me off into the sunset
Baby, I'm forever yours

Wasn't Angel hers forever. He was her dark knight always saving her from
whatever danger befell her. Didn't he save her life by killing a demon and
feeding her it's heart. Most boyfriends wouldn't do that for a girl.

But Riley he was her white knight with a soft touch and a good heart. She
wanted to be his forever. How ever long forever was."

It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss.

Tara was starting to relax and dance with Riley but she still couldn't take
her eyes off of Willow. But Riley was watching Buffy. Tara could feel his
emotion and sadness. The boy loved the slayer that was clear.

It's that pivotal moment
It's (ah) unthinkable
This kiss, this kiss... unsinkable... this kiss, this kiss

Riley was watching Buffy. She was lost in thought tonight. And all her
wanted to do was kiss her. Then he look at Tara watching Willow. He turned
back to watch Willow as well. They were in love that was clear.

You can kiss me in the moonlight
On the rooftop under the sky...(oh)
You can kiss me with the windows open
While the rain comes pouring inside...(oh)

If you asked Riley why he did what her did. He could only say the music made
him.

Riley danced Tara right back to Willow and said, "Dance with her, you know
you want too." Riley then placed her hands in Willow's. They both looked
scared. But something inside them wanted to dance for a long time. Willow
pulled them back to the dance floor. And they held each other close and
danced.

Kiss me in sweet slow motion... let's let every thing slide
You got me floating, you got me flying
It's the way you love me

Listening to the words the witches leaned into each other and kissed softly
while they danced. As if the world had disappeared.

"See I told you, Xander if Vamp Willow was gay so was the real one." Anya
said before taking a drink.

"OK, you were right." Xander said.

"Well at least I know who she is dating and why she didn't tell me." Buffy
said

It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss.
It's that pivotal moment

Riley then grabbed the slayer and pulled her to the dance floor. He held the
slayer as close as Willow and Tara.

It's (ah) subliminal
This kiss, this kiss... criminal... this kiss, this kiss
It's the way you love me baby
It's the way you love me darlin' (ya)

Xander not wanting to be left pulled a willing Anya up and out to the dance
floor.

It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss.

"Riley I love you." Buffy said

"Good because I love you." The GI said.

"Riley I think you stopped me before I got the gates of hell. You saved me."
Buffy said know Riley didn't understand what she meant but she still needed
to tell him.

Then they kissed.

It's that pivotal moment
It's (ah) subliminal
This kiss, this kiss... criminal... this kiss, this kiss

Xander seemed to find something in the ex-demon and her kissed her.

It's the way you love me baby
It's the way you love me darlin' (ya)
It's the way you love me

When the sang finished they were all still kissing. The need for air made
them stop. The couples were holding hands as they left the dance floor. They
were each lost in there love.

Unfortunately reality hit. A couple of guys laughed, pointing there fingers
at Tara and Willow. "Dykes." "What a matter not able to keep a real man."

Riley started to grab the guys. When Buffy's quick reflexes beat him to it.
Buffy pinned the first guy against the wall and then with one arm she used
his clothes to pick him off the floor.

"Don't you know, homophobic are narrow minded jerk you have to abuse people
because they are dickless wonders. Besides nobody picks on my best friend
and her girlfriend." Buffy smiled at Tara and Willow. They both smiled back.

Buffy then throw the guys on the dance floor. She didn't really want to hurt
them just scare them.

Seconds after they landed the room started clapping.

The all left the party and were walking in couples outside. They then sat
down on a couple of benches in a study area outside. They all were quiet.

"Ah can I ask you all something." Willow whispered holding Tara's hand.
When everyone was silent she asked in the same small voice. "So are you ok,
with me being, ah you know, gay."

Buffy looked up at Xander with an evil grin. He grinned back, ready to play
with Willow"

"No absolutely not." Buffy said sternly.

Xander jointed in, "No way. Not up for the gay thing."

"What ever Xander says." Anya said not really care one way or the other.

Riley being a wise man just keep quiet.

Willow was hurt, but it was the reason she stayed quiet. She hated losing
her friends. So she just sat there with resolve face.

"There teasing you Will," Tara said.

Buffy seeing Willows face added. "Willow of coarse were ok with it. I not
saying it wasn't a shock, I am kinda slow sometimes which is why I need my
Wills. Hey I knocked a guy around for you. "

"Willow you are my oldest friend. I love you and if it makes you happy, as
long as your drug free, ....I only want you to be happy. Xander said before
hugging her.

"Willow I am happy for you as well." Riley said.

Soon they all finished talking and each left with there orgasmic friends for
a night of fun.

Faith Hill (Faith)
This Kiss
(ROBIN LERNER/ANNIE ROBOFF/ BETH NIELSEN CHAPMAN)

"Hey! No body messes with my Willow." Xander

"And the weird award goes to...." -Buffy