FF: untitled (4/?)

TITLE: (1/?)

AUTHORS: kimly (klinonis@xxxxxxxxx) & shyfox (shyfox30@xxxxxxxxxxx)

DISCLAIMER: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The characters of Xena: Warrior Princess and all other associated with the television series of the same name are owned by MCA/ Universal Pictures. This is a work of fan fiction and no copyright infringement

is intended. No monetary profit is being made.

PAIRING (Buffy-verse): Hmmm, maybe, haven't made that decision yet

PAIRING (Xena-verse): X/G

RATING: ALT-PG (for the X/G relationship at this point) nothing graphic

SUBTEXT: (This is a Xena-verse thing?) They Xena & Gabrielle, in case you haven't been paying attention, are in love with each other.

SUMMARY: Xena ends up in Sunnydale - stuff ensues

SPOILERS: Everything is fair game in both verses

DISTRIBUTION: None, yet - this is VERY rough and incomplete. Please wait till it's finished

Kimly's NOTES: Well, I've tried writing in the present tense, writing without using proper names, writing from various characters' points of view, so next in line is writing a crossover and as an added bonus, it's a joint effort (hiya shyfox!). So mote it be. Here's our attempt at crossing Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Xena: Warrior Princess - not like that. Jeez?

Shyfox's NOTES: It has been great collaborating on the story. I've had a lot of fun scheming things up with kimly. And, thank her for the inspiration of the story. It's a good one. Enjoy.

"That little thing is a God? Well, that explains the fire balls from the finger tips last night."

"Excuse me? Fire balls? Fire balls? Buffy, what, precisely, were you two doing last night?"

"Fire balls?"

Xena answered first. "I thougt I took a hit to the head coming through the vortex."

"I thought I took a hit to the head coming through the vortex."

"So, that's what happened to the two I lost track of?"

"Vortex?"

"Vortex?"

"Yeah, vortex. Last thing I rememeber was arguing with Ares... then bamb, a vortex opens and I'm falling from fout feet above a burial ground and red over there is throwing fire and making people disappear. And you're trying to tell me she's not a God?"

"Yeah, vortex. Last thing I remember was arguing with Ares? then bamb, a vortex opens and I'm falling from four feet above a burial ground and red over there is throwing fire and making people disappear. And you're trying to tell me she's not a God?"

"Vortex? Cool?" Buffy muttered to herself. "I've never been through a vortex. Hmf.. probably a good thing? Didn't really want to see Acathla from the inside."

Giles' attention was being pulled in two vastly different directions. He could hear the Slayer talking under her breath and Did she just say she was arguing with the God of War?

"Willow is most definitely not a God. Yet you seem accustomed to Gods..." The ex-watcher removed his glasses and per long habit, pinched the bridge of his nose, then ran his hand through his hair. "And Buffy, did you say you think this has something to do with Acathla? I can assure you, he is most thoroughly destroyed."

"Willow is most definitely not a God. Yet you seem accustomed to Gods?"

"If she is not a God, how can you expect her to caste a spell?" Xena was no convinced she was getting the whole story.

"If she is not a God, how can you expect her to caste a spell?"

"What'd she say, Giles? And no, don't worry about it. My mind was in too many places at once."

"Look? I can not handle both of you at once. Buffy, go help Willow. I'll try to convince Xena we mean her no harm."

"Fine," the Slayer sulked into the living room.

"Now, Xena, I want to hear more about Ares..." holding up his hand, "Give me a moment, but first I will try to explain what we are planning to attempt just a tad better."

"Now, Xena, I want to hear more about Ares?

Give me a moment, but first I will try to explain what we are planning to attempt just a tad better."

"Willow is a wiccan, a witch if you will, a person very attuned to the natural eliments and able to call on them, direct and guide them, to do her bidding. It is an awesome power for one so young. Many who discover the arts without guidance can sucome to their dark quality, become addicted, if you will, to the seduction of power." Giles was on a roll. He poured himself another cup of tea and one for the warrior as well. This was a flavor she was more accustomed to.

"Willow is a wiccan, a witch if you will, a person very attuned to the natural elements and able to call on them, direct and guide them, to do her bidding. It is an awesome power for one so young. Many who discover the arts without guidance can succumb to their dark quality, become addicted, if you will, to the heady seduction of power."

Xena let him continue.

"I am Willow's mentor in this. I, myself, dabbled - quite heavily - in the arts when I was about her age. But I was foolish and did not have the pure heart of that fine girl," he motioned to the sitting room. "I called forth powers I had no business dealing with. Most of my group died because of one dark force I helped release. I tell you this, because you have the right to know the majiks can be very dangerous. But, Willow is very good and a gentle soul, I believe she can help us understand each other so we can more easily figure out why you're here."

"I am Willow's mentor in this. I, myself, dabbled - quite heavily - in the arts when I was about her age. But I was foolish and did not have the pure heart of that fine girl."

"I called forth powers I had no business dealing with. Most of my group died because of one dark force I helped release. I tell you this, because you have the right to know the magics can be very dangerous. But, Willow is very good and a gentle soul, I believe she can help us understand each other so we can more easily figure out why you're here."

Xena sat for a moment after Giles finished his tale. She stared into the mug she had been drinking from. Always comes down to someone screwing with forces they don't really understand, doesn't it, Gabrielle? I have to get back to you, both of you, if this is the beginning, I have no choice...

Always comes down to someone screwing with forces they don't really understand, doesn't it, Gabrielle? I have to get back to you, both of you, if this is the beginning, I have no choice?

Xena seemed to come to a conclusion. She looked to the ceiling and let out a breath. "When do we start?"

"When do we start?"

* * * * * * * *

Xena watched in an uneasy silence as Willow made her final preparations for the spell. She passed out finely cut crystal to all, lit the candles around the pewter pot she had put the ingredients in then dropped the still lit match into the mix while her melodic voice chanted the incantation that would allow them to better understand each other.

Xena had never been comfortable around people who used great magics, finding that most of them used their power unwisely or for their own benefit, forgetting the rest of people around them.

During the incantation, Xena found her mind flashing back to the incident with Aiden, a person who had sucked the very life and goodness out of people, so that he could maintain his own picture of paradise, though the his land had been covered in nastiness underneath. Xena had been forced to resort to her dark side to save Gabrielle from his evil mind bending power.

A flicker of candle-light against Willow's face brought a flashback of Alti to Xena's mind. The evil shamanness had nearly killed both her and Gabrielle several times with the use of her great powers. It was only through the use of their own powers they had discovered in India that they had stopped the wicked shamanness from gaining any power in the future.

And the very gods themselves misused their magic and power more often than not, which is how Xena had wound up in this strange world to begin with. Xena had good cause to hope that the young red-head named Willow didn't lose control of the great mystical powers she seemed to possess.

"Well, that about does it." Willow said, as she had finished reading the spell. "Just keep those crystals on you and we're set."

"That's it?" Xander said, clearly looking for something out of the ordinary to happen.

"But, nothing happened." Buffy said, looking around at the faces in the room to see if she was missing anything. Nothing exploded, nothing glowed, the crystals didn't even get warm.

"Well, I'd say something has." Came Xena's melodic voice as she tossed the crystal repeatedly between her hands. "I can understand what all of you are saying now."

Xander, Willow, and Buffy all gaped at her for a moment. Then Buffy forced herself to speak. "It looks like it worked. Good job, Will." Buffy complimented her, still staring at the six foot warrior in Giles's living room, awestruck.