re: [buffywantswillow] Re:List Blackout?? (now a challenge!!!)

Kimber, Bill, hey back!

I'm still here, and I'm working on my next epic story, which takes place about a year and a
half after "Dying of the Light". Me, I think that everyone's just waiting for both the blackout
to end, and the season finale. Once that happens, I'm sure that everyone's keyboards will be
humming.

Me, I have a few issues with this latest season, and the need to rant. First, I love that Spike
has become a major character, however I hope he doesn't become a full-fledged white hat.
Grey maybe, not white. Nothing destroys a perfectly good villain like making him a good
guy.

Second, Xander. Would someone please give him a main plot? He's been wandering from
job to job all season. Cordy called him the Zeppo of the team last year, and I'm still waiting
for him to prove her wrong. A good first step would be to lose Anya. And HE DUMPS
HER! That's very important. It's his turn to walk away from a dead-end relationship forth-
with! (Maybe he should transfer to "Angel" and renew his relationship with Cordy. Those
two made a cuter couple than Xander and Anya ever did.)

Third, Riley, the Initiative and Adam. I hope with all my heart that the season finale will see
the deaths of all three of these odious concepts. The Initiative act like they were rejected
from the WB's "Roswell". Really, Joss, the last thing we need is another X-Files-meets-MIB
concept! Adam, on the other hand, is not quite in Angelus' weight class in the villain
department. Just have Willow encode a virus on a 3.5 disc, pop it in his disc drive and call it
a night already! As for Riley, how do I hate thee, let me count the ways!

Fourth, and finally, the 'T' word. Tara. I like Tara. Buffy/Willow subtext aside, I like
Willow and Tara. Cuter than bugs ears those two. Tara's good for Willow, she was there
when Oz wasn't. And her presence has allowed Willow to develop in new and interesting
ways!

But you know and I know that something terrible is going to happen. Whenever a Scooby
Gang member finds happiness, it's only a harbinger of disaster. Joss just loves to create
strong, likable supporting characters, and then off them. Remember Jenny Calendar?
Kendra? Doyle over in "Angel"? I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but I fear that Tara's not
long for this world.

That's why I'm writing a new epic now. I want to keep Tara around for a while, and maybe
have her find someone(since I'm not breaking up the Buffy/Willow act). I want to send Buffy
and the gang off into a new direction, one free of the constraints of series continuity. Like
Kimber's Road series, like Cilia's Royalty.

I was thinking of waiting until I had a few chapters under my belt, but the current drought of
fanfic has left me with no choice. My very next missive will contain the first chapter of my
next story, entitled "Somewhere I Have Never Travelled" The story takes its title from a
poem by E. E. Cummings, which will be included with the first chapter. It diverges from
season four, and after that all bets are off.

Let the rollercoaster ride begin.

Kirayoshi.