FF Nka Part three

Okay, this is the next part in my Buffy/Voyager crossover. I hope you like it. Comments and criticisms are always welcome. In fact, I live off of them.:-)

Disclaimer: Buffy characters belong to Joss...Voyager Characters belong to Paramount.

Couples: Buffy/Willow; Seven/Janeway; A little bit Willow/Tara

NKA Part three

As the group left the Bronze, Xander ran into Anya, quite literally, who had been running into the Bronze at the same time.

"Anya!" Xander exclaimed, barely able to catch the racing girl who had just rammed hard into his chest.

"I?m sorry I?m late. Were you leaving?" Anya asked, noticing belatedly that they had been heading for the door when she had run into them.

"Yeah...it?s getting late." Xander gave his friends a brief, apologetic look. "Look, I?ll see you guys tomorrow...Anya and I have to discuss the rudeness of not showing up when one is supposed to." Xander took Anya by the arm and ushered her out of the door. The three girls remaining could hear the verbal argument as they walked away.

"She?s so...worse than Cordelia." Buffy said wryly, her blue eyes following the arguing pair.

"Yeah...he really knows how to pick them." Willow cast an amused glance at Buffy which was returned by a warm grin. The mutual display of affection disappeared when Tara linked her hand in Willow?s. Tara smiled as she saw Buffy flinch, the Slayer?s hand?s curling into involuntary fists as she tried control the extraordinary urge to hurt the other woman. The hurt in the Slayer?s eyes filled the drone with a feeling of satisfaction, before the blue eyes darkened to a mix of nonchalance and pride.

"Well...I guess we?d better get back to the dorm." Buffy said, icily, taking the lead as she walked out the door.

They remained silent as they walked back, the tension in the air so thick it covered the night like a cloak. Willow could sense the tension in her friend, she felt it in herself and between the two of them, but she didn?t know how she could possibly fix it. She thought that Buffy would be happy for her. She had found somebody to love, a fete she didn?t even know was possible after Oz had left. But the look of betrayal and hurt that had been in Buffy?s eyes the morning she had told her, revealed that Buffy wasn?t feeling happy about the situation at all. Willow wasn?t sure why Buffy would even care who she was dating. The Slayer had been spending so much time with Riley, that she hardly had any time for her now as it was. And now the Slayer was being all hurt by her affections for another woman? It didn?t make sense.

Buffy did her best to keep her attention on the road in front of her, and not on the couple that was nauseating her by their little displays. She didn?t know why they had to stand so close, or walk hand in hand like that. She tried not to remember that she had done the very same things with Willow. She wondered why it had never occurred to her exactly why she had done those things. She had just chalked it up to being something that best friends did with each other. But it had felt so special when she and Willow had done them. Now it just felt cheap.

Buffy was so wrapped up in her inner musings that she didn?t notice the silent presence that followed steathily behind them.

Upon reaching the dorm, Buffy looked back at Willow wondering if she?d be following her back into Stevenson Hall or if she?d be going with Tara to her dorm room. The mere thought of it sent shivers of revulsion through the Slayer, but she was helpless to control the negative reaction. She watched as the two women stopped in the moonlight, holding hands as they stared into each other?s eyes. They were just about to kiss when Buffy found she couldn?t take the sight anymore and the words leapt out of her mouth with no direction from her brain. "Will, are you coming or are you going to stand there all night looking goofy?" Buffy wanted to kick herself the second the words were out but it was too late to call them back, so she just stood there waiting for Willow to answer.

The words had the desired effect at least, breaking Willow?s mood as she moved away from Tara and sent an evil look Buffy?s way. "Umm, I-I think you two need time to talk." Tara suggested quietly, pensive on the outside while inside she was grinning like a Chesire cat. "Besides...I have a paper due tomorrow."

Willow looked at Tara concerned for a moment that Buffy had said something to hurt her, then realized that she was just trying to be a good friend and give them the time the needed to work through things. She hugged Tara tightly at the gesture, hearing Buffy cough uncomfortably behind her, then released her smiling brightly at her love. "Thank you." She whispered. "Are you sure you don?t want me to walk you back? It can be dangerous at night."

"I think I can handle it." Tara said, smiling gently at the naive girl. "But thanks, anyway. Good night." She kissed her then, noticing the way the Slayer?s fists clenched by her sides out of the corner of her eye, then walked into the shadows, disappearing from sight.

Buffy glared at Tara?s disappearing back, then noticed the way Willow was looking at her and forced herself to stop. She met Willow?s eyes and was about to say something when she felt something tickle across her senses. She scanned the parking lot, looking for whatever had triggered her Spidey sense. She thought she saw something or someone standing by a parked car, but when she went to get closer they vanished as if they had never been there.

"Buffy?" Willow noticed her friend looking around. ?Please don?t let there be a vampire in back of me.? Willow pleaded internally.

Buffy shook her head as if she were trying to clear it. "I thought I sensed somebody. Guess I was wrong...as usual." She muttered the last part, then continued her way to the dorm.

Willow shook her head at her friend?s strange behavior, then followed her into the dorm.

Seven had watched as the women had seperated outside Stevenson hall. Now she at least knew where Katheryn?s ancestor lived. She was torn between following the drone back to her dorm or contacting Janeway with the information. She watched until the drone disappeared into the evening shadows, then turned her attention back to the two women who stood outlined by the light coming from the dorm. She watched in stunned surprise as the blonde froze then seemed to zero in on her position with her stunning blue eyes. She noticed her start to step forward and knew that she had somehow been spotted. Seven quickly hit her combadge and asked for a beam out.

Upon entering the dorm room, Buffy flopped down on her bed, her arm curled under her pillow as she stared passively at the ceiling.

Willow looked at her friend?s position on the bed, knowing she was in a depressed mood just by looking at her. She hesitated, looking at the floor for a second, then nodded her head as she came to the decision to confront her friend. "Buffy, can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, but yes." Buffy sighed, not sure she wanted to get into what she felt was sure to be coming.

"Why do I get the feeling that you don?t like Tara?" Willow asked, quietly, sitting down on her own bed and staring at her friend?s closed face.

Buffy sighed, debating how to answer the question without hurting Willow?s feelings. "Does it really matter, Will?" She asked, trying to stall the argument she knew was coming.

"Yes." Willow insisted, wanting the truth from the Slayer.

"Why? What does it matter what I think?" Buffy asked, looking over at Willow, genuine confusion in her voice.

"Because you?re my best friend. And I need to know that my best friend and the person I love are going to get along." Willow answered. Buffy stared at Willow?s face for a long moment, noticing every subtle movement of her friend?s jaw as she waited for an answer.

Buffy sighed, wishing she could tell Willow that as long as she was happy that?s all that mattered. But she couldn?t put her distrust in Tara aside for the sake of her friendship. "No. I don?t like Tara." She answered finally, in a quiet voice, cringing internally at the hurt look that crossed the intense green eyes before her.

"Why?" Willow asked, the tears in her throat almost making it impossible for her to get the words out.

?Tell the truth.? Buffy?s mind whispered to her, seductively. ?Tell the girl how you feel about her.? Buffy shut the words out, refusing to listen to their call. Where the next words came from, she really had no idea. "Because somehow I get the feeling that she?s not quite human." Buffy would swear later that the words shocked her as much as they did Willow.

"Oh." The green eyes turned hard as emeralds as they stared directly into the Slayer?s soul. "Look who?s talking." The words were like a slap across the Slayer?s face, the pain lasting far longer than a slap would have. The Slayer stood from her bed, grabbed her leather jacket and headed for the door.

"Good night, Will." Were the only words the Slayer said, before the door slammed shut, leaving Willow to cry alone on her bed.

to be continued...