Re: [buffywantswillow] Question for a Fic

On Mon, 29 May 2000 13:17:39 +0100, StephenBooth@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>A dishonest court would have a chance to convict on 1st degree
>murder. IIRC California has the death penalty for murder and the
>DA would undoubtedly push for it (so he can claim to have been
>hard on criminals at the next election).

I feel I have to repeat this. California has the death penalty, but
it is only invoked for murder under Special Circumstances: murder for
financial gain, murder by a person previously convicted of murder,
murder of multiple victims, murder with torture, murder of a peace
officer, murder of a witness to prevent testimony and several other
murders under particular circumstances (like carjacking). It is *not*
just given to anyone and everyone up for Murder 1.

And there is no way a DA would push for it under Buffy's
circumstances.

Assuming Buffy was convicted of a serious enough charge, she would
probably be sent to a maximum security facility for women, like the
Central California Women?s Facility at Chowchilla.

In fact, you can get a list of all the prison facilities in California
and their security levels here:

http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/facility/facil.htm

Remember, they don't have facilities for women at every prison, most
of them are male-only.

HTH.

Erin
--
"my sensitive, noble and politically motivated commitment to
hot girl-on-girl action..." -- Joss Whedon, Exec. Producer, BtVS