FIC: Legend (1/?)

Legend (1/?)

By Sam

E-mail: Shadowmage_draco@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters commonly associated
with Buffy the Vampire Slayer; they are used without permission. No
copyright infringement is intended.
Archive: Just ask
Pairing: none yet but a B/W is coming soon

feedback is appreciated

Prelude:

Once in the distant past they had been called upir, then Vampyre, and
finally vampire. They were the spawn of hell and roamed the lands of
eastern Europe, filling the hearts of its inhabitants with terror.
As there number grew they began to spread throughout the rest of
Europe and beyond. The powers of light feared that this dark force
might eventually overrun the world so they combined there powers to
create a champion brining into creation the fist slayer. They then
appointed a group of scholars and Shaman to watch after the champion
and to aid in the fight against the darkness, that is how watchers
came into being. Then came the great one, the Master of the
Vampyre. Every slayer that sought him perished at his hands, and
soon the other vampyre began to worship him. The elder watchers
fearing that he would eventually destroy all the slayers formed a
council to govern over the other watchers and the slayers. They sat
down rules and rituals that they thought would help in defeating this
powerful foe. All their efforts were in vain and He continued his
rampage until one night he vanished. The watchers throughout the
known world were sent out in search of ant sign of him but they could
find no, so they returned to their homes and went about their daily
business and silently prayed that He would never return.

chpt1: Vampyre

LA

Cordelia woke up screaming only to find herself sitting at her desk
at Angel investigations.

"What's wrong?" Angel said as he rushed over to see if
she was alright.

a very disturbed Cordelia answered, "I just had a vision that
scared the daylights out of me is what happened"

"What was it" Angel was almost afraid to ask that question
because almost always her visions met bad news for everyone.

"I saw twenty or so vamps standing in one of the cemeteries at
Sunnydale. A young looking man with jet black hair, wearing all
black except for a cape that was a deep red with a golden circular
emblem over his hear that contained a symbol of a dragon, approached
them. As he did they all dropped to their knees and bowed before
him. Then one of the vamps spoke saying what is your biding our
Master." Cordelia was visibly shacking as she continued to speak
of her vision. She could barely bring herself to finish, "Then
he
looked at them and replied Bring Me the Slayer"

Angel sat there in shock, He had to speak with the oracles, then they
had to get to Sunnydale as fast as they could. His mind could barely
believe the description Cordelia had given in her vision, it simply
didn't want to, Buffy was in serous danger, they all were.

Sunnydale

Riley Finn walked in a daze accrosed the campus. Never before had he
felt so rejected. All he had wanted to do was take Buffy out to a
movie, a possible first date, but that wasn't going to happen,
she had told him no, that she was in love with someone else but she
didn`t know how to tell them. His pity party was abruptly cut
short when a young man most likely just a few years older than
himself seemly appeared put off nowhere and now stood directly in
front of him.

He was not in the mood for this, "What do you want"

"I wish for you to take me to the one called professor Walsh"

"And may I ask why" Riley was getting very nervous and
agitated about this whole thing, something was not right about this.
He found himself wishing he had brought one of the weapons from the
initiative with him.

"I see we have gotten of on the wrong foot, allow me to introduce
myself. I am called Vlad"
With that Riley's mind began to grow foggy, he found himself
unable to think straight as he looked into the eyes of the man who
stood before him. The man smiled at Riley revealing a set of fangs
but not morphing into a vampire face and before Riley could do
anything he felt them seek into his neck.

LA

Angel and Cordelia were on the freeway headed out of LA and headed to
Sunnydale as fast as they could. The Oracles had confirmed his worse
fear, The Master Vampyre was headed towards Sunnydale that is if he
was not already there. That was what the oracles had said and
nothing more, they said that they knew nothing of his intentions or
what he was planning, but that He must go and help fight. Angel
wished that he could had gotten more information from the oracles
after he was going to face Vlad Tepes, one who was rumored to have
killed over fifty slayers.

Sunnydale

"Mr. Finn what brings you here at this late hour" Professor
Walsh asked as she looked up from grading the papers at her
desk. "And who is your friend"

A smile came over Vlad's face, "I am someone who is
interested in your work with against my children"

"Your children" A confused Walsh replied

"Yes, My children", He then turned to Riley, "You may
feed now"

Before she could speak Riley vamped out and was on her before she
could even get out of the chair. Vlad looked at him, "Very good
my child now lets get what we came for and destroy everything else
after all we can not allow your old friends to tamper with my
children and brethren, after all I will be requiring there services
shortly." He then took a note from his pocket with a coin
attached
and tossed it on the desk.

The vampire Riley looked at him, "I understand my master"

It was three in the morning when Giles opened his door to find angel
and Cordelia standing there. He looked at the two of them and the
worried expressions on both their faces. "This is going to be
Big isn't"

Angel looked at the ex-watcher then spoke, "Giles, Vlad Tepes has
returned and is headed to Sunnydale"

Giles just stood their motionless for a few seconds, that he had just
heard was every watchers worst nightmare. He then forced a
response "Did you say Vlad Tepes"

"I'm afraid so, Cordelia had a vision of him in Sunnydale
and the oracles confirmed it."

He immediately let the two in and rushed to the phone to call the
council. Sure they had fired him and Buffy had broken off
communication, but the entire nature of the war had just changed.

The campus was buzzing, they had found Professor Walsh murdered in
her office when the janitorial staff had came in to open up the
buildings for classes. Willow shouted out down the hall "Buffy
wait up I got some news"

"What's up Will"

"Professor Walsh death appears to be Vampiric in nature"

"What you Hear" She replied as she pulled the redhead aside
so they could have a little more privacy

"They found her in her office, not a drop of blood in her. The
place had been ransacked, looks like they were looking for
something"

"alright grab your laptop and lets get over to Giles"

"Buffy what about class"

"Were going to have to skip classes today. I got a really bad
feeling about this."

England

"Quentin, I just got of the phone with Giles" Spoke Wesley.

"Well, does Ms. Summers wish to rejoin us" He said cutting of
the young council member.

"He didn't say, I'm afraid the news is rather bad"

"I almost afraid to ask, but what is so bad that would make Giles
contact us"

"The Master Vampyre has returned", Wesley couldn't
believe that He had uttered those words, jsut saying it sent a cold
shiver down his spine.

Quentin`s voice filled with fear, all He could say was "Vlad
Tepes?"

"I am afraid so"

They stood there a moment gazing at one another, then finally Quentin
spoke, "We got to assemble a team and head towards the Colonies
immediately"

Sunnydale

"Giles, we have to talk" Buffy shouted as she stormed into
Giles house with Willow in tow.

"Buffy, I am so glad to see you" Giles said overjoyed the
slayer was unharmed.

"That's nice" said a slightly confused Buffy, "But
there is something big going at the college"

As Buffy continued to talk to Giles, Willow had already set up her
laptop and was busy hacking into the Sunnydale police department data
files. "Giles, we believe that vampires killed on of our
professors and that they were looking for something specific."

"I see", Giles paused for a moment then continued, "Angel
is here"

The slayer stood there stunned for a moment, "I take it he
didn't just drop in to say high"

"I wish he did, it seems that a very powerful vampire has
re-0emerged and is either headed to Sunnydale or already here"

Before Buffy could ask what kind of vampire would be enough to make
Angel pack up and come to Sunnydale Willow interrupted the
conversation. The young Wicca's voice was filled with
enthusiasm, over the fact that she was able to help Buffy. After all
helping Buffy, just being around Buffy made her very happy.

"Willow, you said you found it" Asked the Slayer

"Yeah, I got the file on professor Walsh's death"

"Way to go, I new my Wills could do it"

Willow slightly blushed at Buffy's comment, but that quickly
vanished to a face of despair as she read what the report said.

"Buffy can we get back to our conversation" Asked a
frustrated Giles

"Just a second, something's wrong", Buffy then turned away
from Giles and back to Willow, "What's in that report"

"they found some stuff, that the vampires left behind"

"Like what"

"A note that said Slayer, I Come., and a gold coin with a dragon
symbol on it. The report said the the local jeweler appraised it at
over five hundred years old"

Buffy turned back to see that Giles had sat down and concern showed
all over his face/ "Giles what's wrong"

All the ex-watcher could say was, He's already here"

"Who's already here" replied the slayer pretty sure she
didn't want to her the answer.

"Vlad Tepes"

"Who's Vlad Tepes", Willow asked as she walked over from
her laptop next to Buffy.

The two girls grabbed one another's hand for comfort when they heard
Giles answer, "He is the Master Vampyre, and before you ask I did
not pronounce it wrong. That is what they were called the last time
he was seen. As for his name Tepes is Slavic for the Impaler"

"You mean as in Vlad the Impaler" asked Willow

"Yes, I am afraid that Vlad Dracul has decided to return"

"What a minuet, your pulling MY leg, come on Dracula" Buffy
retorted, "I mean that is all myth and fantasy"

"Yes allot of it is, but Vlad Dracul was a real person. He was
the ruler of a Romanian state called Wallachia. Most people believe
he was assassinated around 1475, but the truth is that right around
that time he became a vampire. While the records from that time
period are sketchy it is estimated that he is responsible for
murdering about fifty slayers before he simply vanished without a
trace."

Willow gave Buffy a hug and didn't let go, But the slayer seemed
not to mind. "Did you say fifty slayers" asked the Redheaded
hacker.

"I'm afraid so but that is over a period of a hundred and 20
years."

"And how come that doesn't make me feel any better"
replied a very upset slayer.

"this time it will be different, I haven't figured it out yet but
We will come up with something" Giles said trying to comfort her,
but know this is most likely the biggest thing a slayer has faced
since the last time Vlad was known to walk the earth.