Songfic Challenge!!!!

Awww...come on. You guys HAD TO have seen this coming. I just got back from a
mind-blowing Indigo Girls concert in Philadelphia and I just had to come up with a songfic
challenge. I don't know if this kind of music is what you all are into..I mean, after all
there are over 500 people on the 2 lists combined. But I figured it was worth a shot.

Here are three songs for you to cut your teeth on. Be creative!! It can either be a
Buffy or Willow point of view story...or you can incorporate it into a conversation they
are having...come on guys...don't let me down on this one. I really really really really
really really really really really really really really really really wanna see a fic with
a song from my favorite group!!!!! Did I mention I REALLY WANT IT???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

don't give up on me baby

don't
don't give up on me baby
though we've seen shaky times
there's still solid ground to be found
i said don't
don't give up on me baby
though i may seem strong
it's only because
cause you're around

you know me better than i do
you know how things go to my head
i said a few things to you
things that were better left unsaid
but don't
don't give up on me baby
cause you know i love you
and i always
i always will

now love
love's a sweet kind of pain
it can give you wings to fly
then it drags you on down
but darling
i'll never love this way again, no
you're the sweetest, sweetest, sweetest love
i've ever found

you know me better than i do
you know how things go to my head
i said a few things to you
things that were better left unsaid
but don't
don't give up on me baby, no
cause i love you
and i always
always will

words and music emily saliers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

clues to you

there on those days when the sun barely touches the sky
your eyes are so heavy with the morning
and there you lie on the horizon of my mind
streams flow through the consciousness of time
and i follow your every movement for a clue to you

you cover my eyes with your deepness
you wrap my soul in the beauty of it all
you take me away from my incompleteness
lead me all the way or not at all
and time's too precious here
i can't wait for clues to you
i can't wait for clues to you

don't wake me if i'm dreaming, no, no, no, this is my reality
if i touch you tell me will you blow away
please don't move now until you set me free - set me free

i can't wait for clues to you

name the time and i'll be your place
remove my eyes from this deathly haze
now i've been living shades of blue and grey
don't you know i'm ready for a brighter phase
and time's too precious here
i can't wait for clues to you
i can't wait for clues to you

won't you catch me if i fall too fast
don't let me fly too high
you've released me from my earthly grasp
and now you've got me in your skies - in your skies

i can't wait for clues to you
now i don't want to wait anymore for clues

let it rain
let it wash on down

can't wait for clues to you
i don't want to wait anymore for clues

words and music amy ray

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

language or the kiss

i don't know if it was real or in a dream
lately waking up i'm not sure where i've been
there was a table set for six and five were there
i stood outside and kept my eyes upon that empty chair
and there was steam on the windows from the kitchen
laughter like a language i once spoke with ease
but i'm made mute by the virtue of decision
and i choose most of your life goes on without me
oh the fear i've known
that i might reap the praise of strangers
and end up on my own
all i've sown was a song but maybe i was wrong

i said to you the one gift which i'd adore
the package of the next 10 years unfolding
but you told me if i had my way i'd be bored
right then i knew i loved you best born of your scolding
when we last talked we were lying on our backs
looking at the sky through the ceiling
i used to lie like that alone out on the driveway
trying to read the greek upon the stars
the alphabet of feeling
oh i knew back then
it was a calling that said if joy then pain
the sound of the voice these years later
is still the same

i am alone in a hotel room tonight
i squeeze the sky out but there's not a star appears
begin my studies with this paper and this pencil
and i'm working through the grammar of my fears
oh mercy what i won't give
to have the things that mean the most
not to mean the things i miss
unforgiving the choice still is
the language or the kiss

words and music emily saliers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...if you made it down this far it means your actually interested in stuff I have to
say. So? What are you waiting for? Go on....get!! Get writing...I wanna see fic flying
into my mailbox!!

--
Your humble bard and wacky list-mum,
~~Kimber

Vice President and Treasurer of the Riley/Oz neutering society and garden club...

E x q u i s i t e + C o a l e s c e n c e
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
http://www.redrival.com/exquisite
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Your source for fanfiction based on the Buffy & Angel shows.

FOR THE BUFFY/WILLOW 'SHIPPERS
"I just realized, that's what I wanna do. Fight evil - help people. I think it's worth
doing, and I don't think you do it because you have to. It's a good fight Buffy and I
want in!"
"I kind of love you."
Willow and Buffy in "Choices"
-----
FOR THE TARA/WILLOW S'HIPPERS
"No candle? I brought you one. It's extra flamey. Tara, I have to tell you. . ."
"No, I understand. You have to be with the person you love."
"I am."
"You mean?"
"I mean. Okay?"
"Oh, yes."