Re: [buffywantswillow] Am I allowed to do this?:-)

Both girls should keep their own names but hyphenate with their partners
like this:

Willow Rosenberg-Summers
Buffy Summers-Rosenberg

I don't know if I can explain this but I'm going to try.

This is not a perfect world. Willow's parents rejection of their
daughter's love for Buffy shows us that. The reactions of strangers will
range from curiosity (a lifting of eyebrows), to outright hostility
(firebombing of homes).
I enjoyed the scene when Buffy carried Willow from the kitchen past Joyce
and up the stairs.
A time where one brushes a hand across the others cheek or they actualy
share a kiss in a public place could set the stage for one or both getting
hurt by mortal, human, vindictive bastards.

The worst monsters wear human faces.

The girls taking a hyphenation of their own and their love's names would
be telling the world,

"I see everything I could possably want in this woman I have choosen to
love. I see my friend, partner, confidant, lover, spouse.....wife. She is
the one I want to spend my life with. I am nothing without her. She is my
life. She IS my world.

My explainations are so damn longwinded. I'm sorry about that.