FIC: Royalty: Chapter 1 (Where on Earth is Willow Rosenberg)

Well I guess I better introduce myself first, names Stefan, Icelandic, hyper
and in love with the whole Buffy/Willow concept and here the kicker I
stopped watching the show, but I still love the characters and writing about
them is something I've wanted to do for some time now. My writing roots lie
in Star Trek fanfic, but I've been straying away from them somewhat. Okay
onto the story, it's pretty mixed up actually, since I'm bringing in all
sorts of ideas about vampires, from other shows and books in mix with what I
know of magic and the occult.... Basically the first part deals with the
following.

1. Willow goes away fro the summer and cuts lose
2. Buffy gets worried and goes after her.
3. Giles with a new look, Spike and Anya come in to help and this is where
our story begins.

And be gentle this is my first crack at writing about buffyverse...

Stefan Cilia

Royalty
By: Stefan Cilia

Chapter 1: Where on Earth is Willow Rosenberg

"Oh great, more dust." Buffy muttered as she brushed said dust of her
shoulder. Willow I hope you know the trouble I'm putting myself trough to
find you. She thought.
"Yes I guess it can be a bit of a bother." Giles, her Watcher, said as he
stepped out the shadows and brushed some dust of his shoulder.
"Giles, I asked you not to follow me." Buffy said with a frown and paused
"and what on earth are you wearing." She said and nodded to the black
overcoat, gray turtleneck and black dress pants. As she asked that, Spike
and Anya, came walking up behind Giles
"Actually they insisted on coming." Giles said. "As for the clothes, well
about two days after you left in search for Willow, the girls decided that I
was in need of a 'make-over'" He finished the last word laced with sarcasm.
"And then you came looking for me?" Buffy asked and glared at her allies.
"No actually Sunnyhell was boring so I thought I'd check on the San
Francisco, since I had so much fun here during the sixties and seventies."
Spike said with a grin.
"And you what's your excuse?" Buffy asked the former demon.
"Same as Spike. I remember this place since before, but I would love to get
to know now that I'm not a demon." She said.
"So who did you leave on the Hellmouth." Buffy asked.
"Faith, is there of course and so is Angel and it's summer so it's less
activity." Giles said.
"So have you had any luck locating her?" Giles asked.
"None what so ever. How about you three?"
"None." Sighed the former demon.
"I've been somewhat unsuccessful." Said the first brit.
"Not even a strand of red hair." Cursed the second.
"Okay so we don't have zip to go on."
"What about the occult stores?" Giles asked. "You did check them didn't
you?" He asked.
"You didn't did you?" Spike said.
"Well no I was."
"Just running around blindly trying to find her." Anya said.
"Stop it!" Buffy shouted.
It had been a week since Willow said she was going to San Francisco,
something concerning magic and witches and when she did call, Buffy had
gotten worried and four days later she'd headed out and now her watcher had
arrived with two of her allies, something she didn't need right now since
her feelings were all jumbled.
"So where's Xander." Buffy asked Anya.
"He ran into something earlier tonight." Giles said.
"What?"
"A wall." Giles said deadpan and gave a small smile.
"He's back at the hotel." Anya said.
"So since we're all here we might as well check out the occult shops." Buffy
said and started walking.
"There's more to this than meets the eye." Anya muttered.
"Old news Anya, old news." Spike said.
"You coming?" Buffy said over her shoulder.
Giles shrugged.
"Like we have bloody choice." Spike muttered.

* * * * * *
*

Willow moved through the darkness of the club, the various children of the
night danced around her. She felt the pulse of the night, the smell of magic
and most importantly she felt alive. Yes this break from Sunnydale, was
turning out rather well.
"So you're the new witch in town." A figure said as it stepped out of the sh
adows, in a voice that sounded like the night wind.
"That depends on who wants to know." Willow said.
"Daniel Night." The figure said, the smile obvious in it's voice. Willow
gasped in her mind but didn't show any sign of it as she went on.
"Willow." She said and offered her hand.
"And you know who I am?" He asked as he gently took her hand and kissed it.
"Of course, you're the Prince of the city." She stated bluntly.
"That I am and I'm curious about your reasons for blowing into my city."
"And since when does the Prince concern himself with a lowly witch?" Willow
asked.
"When said witch arrives from the Hellmouth." He said back.
"Okay good enough reasons, but I'm afraid you'll be a bit dispointed."
"Try me?"
"Then lets sit down." She said and picked up a globe with red liquid.
Now that she saw the Prince in a flickering candlelight, she noticed his
features, probably Italian by birth, a distinctive nose, brown eyes tinted
with green, black hair and a tall forehead.
"In as few words as possible." Willow said. "I needed to get away." She
said.
"Explain." He asked.
"You see this." She motioned to her red hair, with silver streaks and her
jade green, formfitting outfit.
"How could I not."
"Well this isn't me. Not most of the time anyway."
"Let me guess the librarian look" He stated with a grin.
"More or less." Willow said and sipped from the goblet.
"So you came here to cut lose."
"Well not actually cut lose. Maybe have a little fun."
"You know the rules?" He asked dead serious.
"Yes and I will honor them."
"That's all I needed to hear." Daniel said and stood.
"You're leaving." Willow asked looking up.
"The fun you want is not the kind of fun I can give you." He said. "Plus I
sense there is someone special you wish to share your new self with." He
added and disappeared into the shadows.
Who do I want share this with. She thought to herself and looked into the
goblet. As she focused her magic on the liquid an image formed in it. Then
flickered away leaving Willow stunned.

* * * * * *
*

Buffy and Giles walked through the last shop on the street, books, jars,
parchment and all things magic lined the walls.
"Why did Spike and Anya come with you?" She asked her Watcher. "And I want
the truth."
"Amazingly that was it. Anya said she wanted to see San Francisco and she
felt that Willow would need her help. Spike came because he craves action,
it's not in his nature to sit and read the Codex."
"So they're basically here because they're bored from research."
"Well.. yes." Giles said as a the clerk and most likely wicca of the story
came up to them.
"Can I help you two with anything?"
"Yes, we're looking for wicca that might have come through here?" Buffy
asked.
"Many daughters of the goddess come through my doors." The woman said.
"About this tall, red hair, green eyes." Buffy went on describing her
friend.
"Powerful?" The woman asked.
"No. Levitation is the height of her powers right now." Giles said.
"Then she hasn't walked through my doors."
Buffy's shoulders slumped and the woman gave her sympathetic look.
"But there was a girl here that matches your description, although she was
more powerful then the scholar indicates." The woman said and then looked
Buffy over.
"If you're friend is in the city she's most likely staying with coven which
means you won't find her easily." She said and picked up a piece of paper.
"But most of the younger wiccas can be found in some of these place after
the sun goes down." She said, wrote down some names on the paper and handed
Buffy.
"Thank you." Buffy said and accepted the paper.
"I do hope you find you're friend." She said to Buffy as they were about to
leave and the woman spoke to Giles. "And you shouldn't hide your gifts."
Once they were outside Buffy turned and faced Giles.
"Gifts?" She asked.
"Explain later." He said and walked on.
Buffy pouted. Oho no you don't. She thought and turned back into the store.
"You're back?" The woman commented.
"Yes, I was kind of curious..." She said and looked down. Why am I nervous.
She thought. "What gifts does my friend have."
"The scholar is powerful, but refuses to acknowledge it." She said and
handed her a small book. "Give him this, perhaps it will help."
"Thank you, I will." Buffy said and took the book
"I can see why she likes you Elisabeth." The woman said in a soft voice.
Buffy looked up.
"How did you." But the woman was gone and she was standing outside the
hotel.
"Weirdness." She muttered and looked down at the book.

* * * * * *
*

"Lily." Willow said in a startled voice as she turned on the lights in her
apartment.
"Your friends came by the store looking for you." The woman said.
"You didn't tell them I where I was, did you?" Willow asked.
"No, but I fail to understand why you don't want to meet them?"
"I needed to get away I told you that."
"Running away never helped anyone. At best it's only a temporary solution."
"I know I just want to see what it's like, you know with out them protecting
me at every step."
"Then why don't you tell them how far you've come?"
"No, not now, it would scare them."
"How can you be so sure."
"They only know the fluffy Willow and I'd like to keep it that way for now."
"You mean you're afraid Elisabeth will stop liking you if you change?"
"No, that's not the reason, it's just." Willow didn't finish because Lily
was gone.
"I HATE when she does that!!"

Royalty.
By: Stefan Cilia