FF A Wiccan Gets the Wiggins 10

Well you have Rod to thank for this chapter. He's
made me late goin' out too. Thanks sooo much. *VEG*

BTW don't feel bad if you don't remember what just
happened in chap 9 - I didn't! I had to read prac the
whole story again just to figure out what was going
on. *LMAO*

10

"Well this is uncomfortable," muttered Xander after
what seemed like a decade of sitting in icy silence.
"I'd get up but I need to have my legs crossed right
about now."

"Willow," burst out Oz unexpectedly. He sounded
almost frantic and that gave me the wiggins because my
Oz was Mr Cool. Oz wasn't meant to be perched on the
edge of his seat, staring into my eyes as he reached
for me with hands that shook. "Willow," he insisted.
"I love you. Willow?" Pleading puppy dog eyes begged
for me to say it back.

"Gag me," muttered Xander rolling his eyes and folding
his hands over his crossed legs. "And just so we're
clear, that invitation does not refer to G-man or
Wolfie. Because I'm straight, is why. Which is more
than I can say for..."

"Shut up, Xander," bit out Buffy. "This is between me
and Oz."

"It is?" grunted Oz, lurching to his feet and standing
up very straight. I heard the question mark in his
tone and my mind began beeping like a heart monitor.
This wasn't good. This wasn't laidback Oz. This
wasn't happening. I was dreaming and oh, here was the
Happy Lion with his good friends Piglet and the Cookie
Monster and we were all on our way down the rabbit
hole...

"It is?" echoed Xander, grinning like the Cheshire
Cat. "Anyone care to place a bet? My monopoly
money's on the Buffster." My tummy was hurting. I
rubbed my eyes and tried to make the feeling of sick
dread worm its way out of my gut. Out of the corner
of my eye I saw Giles give a smug little smile. I
started sweating. Why wasn't he stopping them? Why
was he...enjoying it so much?

"Oz," I whimpered weakly but he ignored me in favour
of getting right up in Buffy's face.

"Willow's my girl," he snarled. "You're getting in
the way of that."

"G-man, break out the beer and popcorn," ordered
Xander. "We're gonna have ourselves one whoozie of an
ass-whumpin'."

"Shut up, Xander," hissed Buffy. "Hey, Hairball." Oz
growled. Literally. Buffy's finger prodded at his
chest. "Back down before I put you down." I wanted
to get off the couch and stop them but something was
stopping me. Something that thrilled me with fear and
made me feel even sicker inside. I was being fought
over. Little Willow Rosenburg, computor geek, class
nerd, nobody special, had inspired two suitors to come
to blows over her. Little Willow Rosenburg was
getting medieval.

"Listen to me, Oz," began Buffy, clenching her fists
and stepping forward again, "Listen closely 'cause
it's not like you can press the pause button and hear
it all again. You're not half good enough for Will.
Not half."

"Like you are?" Oz demanded, his voice sounding
strangely thick. "You're the wrong gender for
starters."

"Score one!" crowed Xander sipping his tea a little
more enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah?" grated back Buffy. "You're really one to
talk, aren't you, Wolf-boy? Look up the defenition of
species."

"And that's score one for our favourite Bufferini!"
Xander cheered. "What an evenly paced match we're
watching, boys and girls and girls who like girls."

"Xander, shut the hell up." The Slayer's voice
trembled with rage and I pushed myself back into the
couch for comfort. Giles' smile got perkier. A
stormcloud rolled across the sun dousing the morning
light that had been streaming thought the window.

Suddenly Oz's hand shot out and pushed Buffy backward.
Hard. My hand went to cover my mouth as she sprawled
on the floor at his feet, hair askew, face hidden. Oz
glared down at her, chest heaving as wave after bushy
wave of coarse black fur sprouted from his torso.

Giles grinned.

"Whoa," gaped Xander. "Call Ripley's or call the zoo
and somebody tell Wolf-boy it isn't the full moon. It
isn't even freakin' night."

Oz's hands jerked up and spasamed, stubby claws
hammering home through his fingertips. His shaggy
head tilted to study the victim at his feet. Yellow
eyes lit up with bestial cruelty. Sharp fangs raked
over his thick lips in hungry anticipation, drawing
thin lines of blood that were quickly lapped up by his
slathering tongue. Somehow I pushed myself to my
unsteady feet. Buffy. Buffy was in danger. Buffy
was about to be kibbles and bits for my boyfriend.

"Willow, no!" cried Xander as my finger's raked
through the hair covering the werewolf's mishappen
arm.

"Oz," I pleaded shakily, not caring that in this form
he couldn't understand words. "Oz, don't hurt Buffy.
I'd never forgive you. Don't hurt her. Don't hurt my
Buffy." Glinting yellow eyes met mine. Drool slipped
between his lips. Hot fetid air washed over me as he
snarled and bristled. I closed my eyes. I bit my
tongue so I couldn't scream. I prayed to anyone but
the lost gods I wouldn't faint and be food. Something
rougth scraped the skin off my cheek. Petrified, my
eyes shot open. The unholy wolfman! The unholy
wolfman was...touching me. I was gonna need lotsa
soap and some serious therapy. Then I was gonna need
a tetnus shot...

To my utter disbelief and relief, yellow eyes dimmed
and his hairy lips curved upwards in an awkward
imitation of a reassuring smile. "Oz," I whispered in
amazement. It wasn't the werewolf brushing up against
me. It was Oz. My Oz. I'd gotten through to the man
inside the wolf.

"Willow," hissed Xander in clear disgust, "just look
at what you're petting. C'mon, this is making me
sick. And hot. Which confirms my suspicions that I'm
sick. Very very sick."

"Don't you ever..."

I glanced down to see Buffy flip her body into a
standing position. I hurriedly thanked all the gods
but the lost ones she was alright.

"EVER, touch me again, Wolf. I mean it." Buffy's
voice was cold and flat and I really didn't like the
shuttered look in her eyes. More than anything I
wanted to throw my arms around her and squeeze the
breath out of her just so I could hear her squeak out
she was fine and maybe 'cause I wanted to cop a feel
but I had a feeling that wouldn't be the best idea.
Buffy stared down at her clenched fists than up
somewhere in my general vicinity without actually
looking at me. "Will," she whispered. "I'm sorry, I
lost my temper. My bad. Thing is, I don't trust
myself around you. But after this morning, I do..."
her restless gaze whipped over the unnaturally
tranquil werewolf..."trust him. Gotta go."

She walked away. "Buffy," I cried, starting after
her. "Where are you going?" The door slammed shut.

"Whoa Nelly," panted Xander, getting up to go after
her. On the way out he stopped by Oz and rolled his
eyes. "Oz, man, you gotta cut down on the steroids.
Your monthly cycle is getting all skewy." Oz growled,
just a little.

"That was most interesting," Giles commented, eyeing
Oz from where he was still esconed in his favourite
chair. "My Faith was right all along. That child had
an uncanny eye for who was doing the 'horizontal
humpalot' as she used to call it."

A shiver skittered down my spine. "Giles?" I
squeaked.

"Who?" he answered with a particularly nasty grin.

TBC Chapter 11

=====
Get an eyeful inside Gabby's BGSB!
http://members.xoom.com/badbard/

FanFiction Addiction? Satisfy your cravings
http://members.xoom.com/badbard/fanfiction.html

Join my update list. Mail bgsb-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx