Heart (3/?)

Title: Heart (3/?)
Author: Lowdex
Feedback: Any comments or suggestions send to: lowdex@xxxxxxxxx
(this is the first fanfic I'm attempting to finish!)
Spoilers: Up to and including the fourth season
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy Willow Giles and any others from
BTVS are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy etc. No
infringement of any kind intended.

Part 3

Buffy awoke with a start, her hands clutching at her chest. That wasn't the best way to wake up.
In fact, on the all time list of worse ways to wake up, that was down there with waking up in bed
next to...Spike.

"Ewwww!" That was not a good visual. She was having all kinds of weird thoughts tonight. For
the hundredth time, she promised herself that she would stop with the sugary snacks before bed.
Flopping back down on the bed, she wiped a hand across her sweaty forehead and realized something
wasn't quite right. Aside from the late night fright-fest, she noticed that this was definitely
not her dorm room.

"Willow?" Buffy called out to her best friend but received no response. She turned on the lamp
next to the bed and her heart almost stopped once again for the second time that night. She was
in her OLD bed, in her OLD house, with all her OLD stuff exactly where it had been when she was
still in high school. Either she was dreaming or there was something fishy going on.
Considering that the town was situated over a hellmouth, the latter reason stood more than a
fifty/fifty chance of being true.

Getting out of bed, she noted that it was 4:01 AM and the date was exactly as she remembered it.
She really wanted to talk to Giles about the dream as well as the question of how she found
herself in her house without knowing how she got there. These, and more questions, would have
to wait however since calling her watcher at four in the morning would no doubt result in a
stern lecture on how inappropriate it was to call someone at four in the morning. So she opted
to go downstairs instead and spend some quality time in front of the TV.

Four Hours Later...

"Buffy. Buffy, wake up. It's time for school. You'll be late...again."

Buffy rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand and looked up at her mother with a confused
expression..

"Mom? What are you doing here?"
"Well this is still my house Buffy. The more important question is what are you still doing
here? You might be the slayer young lady but you're still a high school student. Now go get
ready. Breakfast will be waiting when you get down."
Joyce left a speechless Buffy half-lyng on the couch where she had fallen asleep last night.
"HIGH SCHOOL??! I really need to speak to Giles."