Title: Untitled (3/?)
Author: Kimber (kacoe@xxxxxxx)
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss
Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Syrenslure and Serendipity. Anyone
else, e-mail me please.
Author's Notes: The more feedback I get the more
fic I write….nuff said.
Thoughts are enclosed in < > and flashbacks are
enclosed in <<< >>>
------------

“How is she?” Giles inquired through the rear view
mirror.

“Sleeping still.” She didn’t move, and spoke in no
direction in particular.

“Let me know if you need anything. We’ll be there
soon.”

She nodded her head and closed the divider between
them.

They were on their way to James’ retreat in the
mountains. No one knew of it, thankfully,
and Giles decided it would be best if they didn’t
stay in the mansion any more. Angel and
Cordelia were following in the van that was packed
with necessities, and James and Giles
were in the front seat of Willow’s limo. They’d
left three hours ago and were determined
not to stop until they arrived. Before they left,
James removed the tracking device from
the car and smashed it. Now the Council would never
be able to find them. They hoped.

<Immortal Watcher. . . Quentin as her
mentor/tormentor. . .raped by a hybrid demon.> That
was just about everything wrapped up in the form
sleeping next to her. <So much on your
shoulder’s Will. I don’t know why you never told me
any of it. God, I know I have my own
stuff to deal with, but, I love you so much, you’re
my best friend.> Buffy sighed and
glanced at the now stirring form beside her.

Slowly she opened her eyes. “Where are we?”

Buffy whispered. “We should be there soon.”

She sat up and wiped the sleep from her eyes. She
slumped over to the other side of the
seat and put her head on Buffy’s shoulder and
yawned. “So sleepy. How long have I been
conked out?”

The slayer smiled. “About two hours.” She
anticipated the next question. “We’ve been
driving for three.”

Willow sat up and looked at her friend
apologetically. “I’m sorry. You must have been
bored to death with me snoring into the upholstery.”
She gave her a sheepish grin.

“No, it’s okay, Will . . .it gave me some time to
think.” Absentmindedly, Buffy was
playing with a few strands of red hair in her
fingers.

“What’s on your mind?” Willow gave her a worried
look.

“No doom and gloom, promise. “ Buffy reassured. “I
was just thinking about you, me, us.
.how most things change, but still stay the same,
and how it’s really cool in a weird
sort of way, you know?”

Willow blinked. “Uh, riddle me this, riddle me
that?”

Buffy smiled. “Sorry. . . my mind got ahead of my
mouth. I guess I was just thinking
about the whole situation we’ve gotten ourselves
into here. . . and prophesies seem to
have a way of following my around you know. I’m
sorry if I got you involved, I didn’t
mean to.”

“Got me involved? Buffy, you know as well as I do
that we can’t control this kind of
thing.” She studied her hands a moment and
continued. “I’m sorry I didn’t call you
sooner. It kinda wipes out the whole ‘no secrets
allowed’ rule.”

She touched her cheek with her hand. “It’s okay,
Will. You told me in your own time . .
that’s the important thing. . . .that and your
safety in whatever we’re about to get
ourselves into.”

She leaned into the slayer’s touch. “I’ll be fine,
as long as you’re around.” In a bold
move, Buffy began to draw the girl closer.

“Buffy, Giles and James are . . .”

“Shh, no more talking.” She silenced her by placing
one finger across soft lips. Soft,
kissable lips. “Just one, little tiny peck.” The
intentions were good, but she hardly
got the end result.

The kiss was tentative and restrained. Just enough
to make their hearts leap but not too
much.

Buffy pulled back and looked into troubled eyes.
“Will, what’s wrong? I’m sorry, I
didn’t mean to. . .”

“No, it’s not you Buffy, I just. . . you were right,
we need to take it slow.” She smiled
at her. “It was nice though.”

Further conversation was interrupted by the car
stopping. Giles rolled down the divider.
“We’re here, thankfully.”

They all followed up to the cabin. From what they
could tell, it was situated in the
middle of nowhere and there were trees as far as you
could see. Upon entering, they all
chose rooms.

“This is great, James. It’s so big.”

”Yes, Miss Rosenberg . . it is quite deceptive from
the exterior, isn’t it?”

She smiled at the older man. “Please, James. . .if
we’re going to be working together,
you’ll have to start calling me Willow.”

Dinner was eaten in relative silence and everyone
decided to turn in for the night. There
would be a long day waiting for them tomorrow, and
they weren’t full recovered from the
trip yet.

------------

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. “Busy?”

She turned around from brushing her hair. “Cordy,
no. . .come on in.”

She stepped into the room and closed the door. “We
didn’t get a chance to talk earlier,
you know, with impending death and prophesies . . .I
was wondering how you were doing?”
She sat down on the bed a few inches from Willow.

“Okay. Just trying to digest everything I guess. I
mean, a lot has happened and who knew
about Quentin, and then the trip to Callaway and I
knew you and Angel were coming but I
didn’t tell Buffy and do you think that was okay? I
mean I feel like I should have warned
her and we haven’t seen each other in three years
and it’s all the same but different, but
things are changing and. . . “

She put her hand on her shoulder. “Relax, Red . .
.from zero to babble in record time as
always. I didn’t come here to make things harder
for you. I just wanted to see how you
were . . .I’d better go.” She began to get up but
Willow reached up to stop her.

“No, don’t . . I . . .it’s just weird after all this
time. . .you know? I don’t want this

=== message truncated

AmAmazing story!!!! Need more!!!! Buffy becoming a
vampire was unexpectted...