Re: Whole 'Coming Out' thing/FIC:One Day At A Time

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 21:49:34 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

My computer did the exact same thing, reset to 1980. It's probably a Y2K
bug. I just went through the calendar on the comp and picked a year where
the days matched up with the dates the same as 2000 and told the computer
that's what year it was. I'm now posting from 1994, but at least I know
what day it is.

That's weird... You should have a computer which has a Y2K compatible
BIOS. I'm showing that you're using Eudora Light for Windows, so you
probably have '95 or '98. You should be able to change the Windows
Date/Time to the right date.

If you're having a problem with it, let me know by email, I might be
able to help. I'm a computer tech by day.

The 1980 BIOS thing isn't a Y2K problem, it just happens whenever the
BIOS settings are lost, and the BIOS is reset. You're usually able to
change the date to the current date, and everything is fine, unless
your BIOS battery is dying.

Erin
--
"Then again, what is college for if not experimenting?"
-- Willow, BtVS