From: "~~Kimber" <kacoe@xxxxxxx>
To: "BuffyLovesWillow" <buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "BuffyWantsWillow"
<buffywantswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "WillFic" <willfic@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
"Willow_Tara" <Willow_Tara@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "WillowSlash"
<willowslash@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "WillTara" <WillTara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2000 1:41 AM
Subject: [buffywantswillow] OT: The death of my website

Hey guys,

My apologies for sending this to all my lists, but I find it very important
for you to
know.

My web site provider is Fortunecity and I was going to upload a ton of fic
tonight, but
alas....it's bitten the dust. I am way freaking out because I've heard in
fic circles
that Fortunecity will delete your page if it has received complains of
'objectionable
material' being displayed or if they deem the material inappropriate. I
really don't
consider fic to be objectionable, but it has happened to at least one
person that I know
of. So I went to my FTP server today and this is the message I got:

Connecting to: Kim Fortunecity
Connection Established
220 ftp.fortunecity.com FTP server (Version wu-2.4-fc(11) Tue Oct 5 16:14:43
GMT 1999)
ready.
Connected to: Kim Fortunecity
USER TheScribe99
Error logging on to: Kim Fortunecity
ACCESS DENIED

So, I am freaking out. First let me apologize to all the fic writers out
there. I know I
am the only archive for several of you and it sucks when you direct a friend
to my site
and your stuff can't be seen. I have e-mailed Fortunecity and am eagerly
awaiting a
reply. If I have in fact been deleted off the face of the internet, rest
assured I will
tell you.

So I'm off to fret and worry until I hear back from them. I'll keep you all
posted, but,
like I said before....I am expecting the worst case scenario here and as
soon as it is
confirmed I'll move someplace else and let you know when the archive is
available again.

:o(
~~Kimber
(sig is too upset to come out and play)

PS
If you have any suggestions for other webpage providers, please send them to
me off-list.
My e-mail is kacoe@xxxxxxx