Fic. "Predator 8/10" 'R'

Title: "Predator" 8/10
Author: Angela
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2000
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy The
Vampire Slayer". I'm only using them for a brief
interlude. No copyright infringement is intended or
inferred. All original characters are the sole
property of the author and can not be used without
expressed permission first. *Ooh* I'm not even sure at
this point if there *will* be any original characters
yet.
Author's Note: I believe this story will be a somewhat
radical departure for me, in regards to the content of
the story. I hope not to disappoint any one who has
read my previous stories with this one. I will be
using a single quotation marks ( ' ) for thoughts and
the asterisk for ( * ) emphasis on words.
LATIN NOTICE: I've used latin text, and they may *not*
be entirely correct.

Part 8

"I'm all up for suggestions," Xander said.

"Would& could you turn me towards her," Giles
asked Buffy.

Buffy carefully moved Giles so that he could see her.

'My God,' he thought when he saw the bruises on
her neck. "Willow& its Giles. Can you hear me?" he
asked.

'Modo Giles voluntas finis tibi requiescere'
(Only Giles will end your rest)

Xander watch intently for any signs that Willow heard
Giles' plea.

"Nothing," he said.

"Willow, we're all very worried about you.
Please
wake up," Giles said once more, wishing he could hold
her hand. Giles closed his eyes as a brief image of&
'What, what was it?' he thought.

'Modo Giles' (Only Giles)

"Giles?"

"Willow!?!" Xander said, moving closer to her.

"Will?"

"Willow, can you hear me?" Giles asked.

"Giles?" Willow muttered.

"Oh thank God," he said out loud.

Willow could hear voices around her. She recognized
them; she wanted to open her eyes to see the people
they belong to.

"Buffy& Xander?" she asked.

Xander held onto Willow's hand.

"We're here Will," Buffy answered.

"What's going on?" Why& why can't I open my
eyes?" Willow asked.

"Willow, some& something's happened. To both of
us," Giles told her.

"Are you okay?" she questioned.

Giles smiled. Her compassion for other was a trait her
hoped she'd never out-grow.

"I& ah& I don't seem to be able to move just at
the moment," he answered her honestly.

"Oh no! We have to get you to the hospital," she
said frantically.

"And we shall. I'm more concerned about you. How
are you feeling?" he asked her.

"Exhausted. I can't open my eyes," she answered.
She wasn't going to tell them that she noticed right
away that she felt& damp. She didn't even want to
think
about it.

"And your throat?"

"Giles& what happened?" she asked, frighten by
the events that apparently took place without her
knowledge.

"I'm& I'm not sure," he told her.

"Enough talk, we've got to get you both to the
hospital," Buffy said, after allowing the questions.

"Yeah. Do you want me to call your parents
Will?"
Xander asked.

"They're out of town&" Willow answered.

"I can get my&"

"NO& um& that's okay. There's someone else&"
Willow said.

"Who?"

"Giles," she answered.

"Really?" Xander asked.

"Ye& yeah. I& put him on my emergency contact
list," Willow said.

Xander looked over to the ex-librarian as Giles
struggled to move.

"When did this happen?"

"Yeah," Buffy asked.

"Not to long ago," Giles answered for her.

"It& it just seemed the most logical thing to
do. My parents are hardly ever home," Willow
explained. She
felt the presence of someone else's hand in hers and
knew it was Giles. She gave him a reassuring squeeze.
"I needed someone who wouldn't wonder about my
injuries."

"Buffy. Do you think you could bring me a
shirt?"
Giles asked, deflecting any other questions they might
have asked Willow.

"Oh, yeah, sure," she said, going upstairs to
his
bedroom.

"Shirt?" Willow asked. 'Oh, this is *so* not
fair. He's not wearing a shirt and I can't see,' she
pouted.

"Willow. I think we were attacked by& whatever
or
whoever it is we're looking for," Giles told her
gently.

"WHAT!?!"