Part: Section 0.4
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns Buffy in this
fic, since the rest is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
Feedback: Why not, boost my ego a little bit more will'ya!
Notes: Takes place in the year 2117 and has no connection to the Royalty
series. Buffy is pulled through time and space to once again battle the
forces of evil and maybe fall in love again

BTVS: 2117
Cilia

Section 0.4

Buffy tried to ignore the glances she and Willow Rose got as they walked
through the museum. It was kind of weird walking through museum dedicated to
yourself and things you hadn't done, but she wouldn't do these things. They
had already happened.
"Tell me what happened after the War?" Buffy asked as the looked
down into a display holding various items that had once littered the table
at the library, books, a sword, a crossbow, crosses and a teacup.
"The world arose again of course. Alexander Harris stepped forth
as a leader in peace and the world was rebuild."
"So Xander made something of himself, but what about Angel and Spike they
should be still around." Buffy said as small girl stared at them.
"Look mommy," she whispered.
Buffy turned and smiled down at the girl. Willow Rose smiled to herself so
this was the other Elisabeth the history records spoke of. The kind and
caring woman, that was denied happiness in life.
"Come now honey," the girls mother said and then she looked up
at Buffy a gasped.
"We should..." Willow said
"...be going," Buffy finished.

They walked out into the sunshine, better to get lost in the crowds rather
then cause mass hysteria at the museum.
"So what happened to them?"
"Angel died in early days of the war and as for Spike or William as the
records
call him he disappeared around the same time you died." Willow Rose
explained.
They walked on in comfortable silence. Buffy unconsciously grasped Willow
Rose's hand it felt familiar, she needed that right now because no matter
how strong she was this was still way weird.. They walked into a lush green
forest. Strange how the landscape seemed to shift. In it's center rested a
tall white monolith that reached a hundred feet into the air. It sparkled in
the sun.
"What's this?" Buffy asked in awe.
"It's memorial to those who died in the Great War. Nobody knows
how many died, so this was erected in their memory." Willow Rose explained.
"You really know your history don't you?" Buffy said as they
walked on and out of the forest. An old church came into view, surrounded by
a small cemetery.
"What's in there?" Buffy asked as they by it.
"I don't think we should go in there," Willow Rose said.
"Why not?" Buffy asked as she turned the towards it.
"I'll just wait out here okay," Willow Rose said and sat down on
the steps.
Buffy looked back at Willow Rose's back before stepping into the church. It
looked just like any other church and she didn't know what Willow was so
worried about. She walked up to the altar and came to rest in front of it.
She knelt on the marble and placed her hand on the floor. The was something
written on gold marked that was embedded the floor.
"Elisabeth Anne Summers," she read and almost jumped up.
She stood up and jogged out of the church.
"Take me back to the mansion," she stated.
"You saw it didn't you?" Willow Rose asked.
"Yes, the place where I died," Buffy whispered as she once again
grasped Willow's hand.

Inside the church a figure emerged from the shadows. His old friend had
indeed returned, but this wasn't the woman he'd said goodbye to on this very
spot ninety-nine years ago. Spike looked around and then placed a rose on
the marker. Maybe he could help this Buffy find the happiness the one he'd
said goodbye had denied herself.