OT?: Are they gay or aren't they?

From: Criss Moody <wyoluvr@xxxxxxxxx>

So, did that subject get your attention?

::snerk::

Hello, for those of you who don't already know me and
harbor intense feelings of one kind or another, I'm Criss
Moody, and amongst other hats, I'm the new webmistress for
a slash writer's site, Slashy Goodness. The site is far
from being operational, but I need your help!

Amongst other sensitive questions in the murky waters of
'ships and such in the BtVS and Angel universes, there's
that pesky issue of certain characters' homosexuality. For
instance, I know many people who adamantly swear that
Xander is gay. Really gay. Some people go wacko for that
Angel/Spike action, others are completely icked out by the
thought, because there's no way Angel would sleep with a
guy, but Angel/Spike/Willow and or Buffy is just fine.
Note: I'm not familiar with a lot of f/f slash, so I can't
say much about those fans, but I'm seeing many people on
UCSL who feel Tara is clearly a lesbian.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Do you think any of the characters on BtVS are gay?
Lesbians? Bisexuals? Neither? Are you miffed by even the
mere suggestion that your favorite characters might enjoy a
little same sex action? If you think they are indeed gay,
lesbian, or bisexual, why do you think so?

Also, if you don't think they're gay, why do you like/write
slash?

Now, I know a few of you might hate slash..just a few, but
I'm sure you exist. So, if you have a shippy reason (i.e.
Buffy belongs with Giles, Buffy and Angel forever, Oz will
come back and worship Willow till the end of time) or
another reason for not liking/reading slash, and you can be
polite and intellectualy <g> about your response, I'd love
to hear from you.

Still with me? Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep...If you
got this far, and you know of slash (f/f, m/m or whatever)
lists that might respond, PLEASE forward this!

This would really help all writers, especially new writers,
I think, so please take the time to respond!

criss moody.
wyoluvr@xxxxxxxxxxx

Always,
Syrenslure

"Somebody's fed you the lie that nice girls don't do it themselves, right?
Trust me: Nice girls do it. *Really* nice girls do it to each other."

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/5718/ - Syrenslure's Fan Fiction
http://escape.to/wywm - Watching You, Watching Me