The Whole of the Moon

Hey fellow Scoobies;

Looking at my e-mail today, I noticed a plethora of letters with song lyrics that reminded
people of Buffy and Willow. I found one on the radio in the Eighties, and thinking back on it
now, I can imagine Willow dedicating it to Buffy(or the other way around). And it goes a
little something like this;

"The Whole Of The Moon"
by The Waterboys

I pictured a rainbow
You held it in your hand.
I had flashes,
You saw the plan.
I wandered the world for years,
You just stayed in your room.
I saw the crescent,
You saw the Whole Of The Moon
The Whole Of The Moon.

You jumped all the turnstiles,
With the wind at you heels,
You reached for the stars
And you know how it feels,
To reach too high,
Too far,
Too soon,
You saw the Whole Of The Moon.

I was grounded,
You filled the sky.
I was dumbfounded by truth,
You cut through lies.
I saw a rain-dirty valley,
You saw Brigadoon.
I saw the surface,
You saw the Whole Of The Moon,
The Whole Of The Moon.

I spoke about wings,
You just flew.
I pondered, I guessed and I tried,
You just knew.
I sighed,
And you swooned.
I saw the crescent,
You saw the Whole Of The Moon
The Whole Of The Moon.

With a torch in your pocket
And the wind in your heels,
You climbed all the ladders,
And you know how it feels
To climb too high,
Too far,
Too soon,
You Saw The Whole Of The Moon,
The Whole Of The Moon, Yeah Yeah,

Unicorns and catapults, palaces and piers,
Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears,
Flags, rags and ferryboats, citadels and scarves,
Every precious dream and vision underneath the stars,
Yes you climbed all the ladders
With the wind in your sails,
You came like a comet,
Blazing your trails,
Too high,
Too far,
Too soon,
You saw The Whole Of The Moon!

Now, wouldn't that make a lovely fanfic? The challenge is offered. Who will take my
gauntlet?

Slay on,
Kirayoshi.

"Buffy,
You're my best friend. You know me better than anybody.
And, I think, if I'd never known you, there'd be less of me to know.
You've made me grow. Not in a getting bigger way.
You know. Another way."
--Willow
Sunnydale High Yearbook © Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder