re: Re: [buffywantswillow] OT: The calling of a new slayer

Regarding the subject of New Slayers;
I wonder how much of the movie could be considered story canon. After all, I seem to recall
that Buffy was a senior in the movie, but is a sophomore in the first season. I know she
wasn't the best student in the world but really! I know that the movie was written by Joss
Whedon, but I suspect that he had taken liberties translating the movie into the TV show.
Then again, how many Kristy Swanson sites are there, in comparison to Sarah Michele
Gellar sites?

Also, at this point, I'm inclined to not believe any current member of the Watcher's Council if
they were to say that water was wet. Has anyone noticed that with the sole exception of
Giles, every Watcher was either incompetent(Wesley) or corrupt(Quentin)? I think that's
why Giles is so fond of Buffy. She's a rebel, she's a maverick. She reminds him of him,
when he was Ripper.

Also, remember that the Watchers drill it into their Slayers' heads that they have to fight
alone. Hey, if it weren't for Angel, Xander, Willow(especially Willow), et al, Buffy'd be
vamp-chow a long time ago! I honestly believe that the Watcher's Council is secretly trying
to sabotage the cause. Hey, I think we may have our main plotline for Season Five!(this is
purely speculation on my part, so in no way is this a spoiler. I could be entirely wrong about
the Council. But I doubt it.)

Kirayoshi

"If you hurt Buffy, I'll beat you to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend.
Have fun!" --Willow