FIC: Stormchaser (10/?)

Title: Stormchaser (10/?)
Author: Shadowlander
Email: Shadowlander1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - or - Tankesly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rating: PG-17
Disclaimer: Buffy and co. belong to others, I am not making any profit
on
any to this. No copyright infringement is intended.
Pairing: Buffy and Willow
Spoilers: None that I am aware of.
Achieve: The usual places, all others ask.
Notes: This is for Rod and Kimber who have threatened to send out the
evil
computer gremlins if I didn't post the update soon. Make one little
goofing
off comment and they start growling. :)

STORMCHASER (10/?)

Buffy slid into the booth in the tiny, out of the way diner, and tried
focus her thoughts on the woman seated across from her. Although she
was
having a hard time doing so with Willow seated next to her, who seemed
quite
content to continue her low purring. Granted it was low enough that
normal
people couldn't hear it, but for the Slayer is was very distracting.

"She's not aware of the purring." Dysis said with amusement, clearly
enjoying the Slayer's discomfort. It wasn't often she got to deal with
mortals, but a promise was a promise, and she was finding the young
blonde
mortal to be very interesting.

"Huh?" Came the reply from her two companions, bringing a smile to
Dysis's
face.

"You're purring Willow, your young friend is finding it rather
distracting."
She replied with a devious grin.
"Huh, I am?" Willow said in disbelief, turning her senses inward to
take
quick stock of herself. Sure enough she was purring, her cat very
pleased
with having it's life-mate sitting so close as they were about to eat.
"Sorry." Willow said sheepishly, consciously stopping herself from
purring.
'I can't believe I was doing that!'

"You have to forgive Willow, she's usually not like this,......until,
oh,
around the full moon. But your rather unique scent is throwing things
off
for her." Dysis explained her eyes shining with laughter. These two
were
proving to be truly entertaining to say the least, she just may give
some
hard thought to moving to Sunnydale so she can continue to be amused by
them
in the future.

"Again with the scent thing." Buffy grumbled leaning back on the padded

bench, settling in for the time being. Strangely, now that Willow had
stopped purring, she found herself missing the low steady rumble that
had
been distracting her just moments ago. "What is it with you people that
you
go around smelling people?" She questioned.

"Its not what you are thinking, my young friend." Dysis assured her
with a
calm smile. "I'm not sensing you like Willow does. You have to
understand,
for a Brahan, their senses are very important. It literally governs how

they perceive and react to the world around them. It's a very delicate
balance that is not often thrown off, but when it does the Brahan
experiences difficulty in controlling themselves. Like what Willow is
going
through right now, you're scent is rather intoxicating to her. Which in

turn is throwing off her self-control."

"So you're saying that I'm..." Buffy began.

"Pretty much catnip to Willow." Dysis finished with a straight face.

"I am??" Buffy gasped in disbelief, absently wondering why she took
such
great pleasure in hearing the words. Maybe she had been hit on the head
one
too many times, because she was pretty sure that she should be grossed
out
right about now.

"Just shoot me now," Willow groaned dropping her head to the tabletop,
her
face nearly as red as her hair. She couldn't believe that they were
having
this conversation in the first place. 'Leave it to Dysis to pick the
most
embarrassing topic to talk about,' she ruefully thought, wondering if it
was
truly possible to die from embarrassment.

"Okay, so am I going to get this type of reaction from all of these
Brahan
guys?" Buffy asked carefully, she wasn't sure if she could tolerate
having
a bunch of people purring every time she walked into the room.

"Not if they want to keep their hearts!" Willow growled looking up from
the
tabletop, she had found thus far to be very fascinating, her eyes
flashing.
No one was going to be purring to her life-mate, but her! It just
wasn't
going to be happening, not while she was around.

"Did I mention that Brahan tend to be possessive toward their loved
ones?"
Dysis asked innocently not at all concerned about Willow's outburst.

"Aha," Buffy replied trying to ignore that annoying little voice that
seemed
rather pleased that someone would be willing to rip out the hearts of
anyone
who would purr at her. 'Only on the hellmouth,' she thought to herself,

wondering if it could get any weirder. Only to realize that she just
jinxed
herself with that thought, this was Sunnydale after all, the place was
primed to make her life a living hell.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that you two could come up with a suitable
solution
to the problem at hand." Dysis said soberly. "You are going to have to

explain things to her." She stressed to Willow who ran a hand through
her
hair in defeat. Dysis was right, she would have to explain the bonding
ceremony to Buffy sometime in the near future, if nothing else but to
avoid
any unpleasant situations that may come up. Nothing ruined a perfectly
good
get together than having to rip someone's heart out in full view of
everyone. And Willow was certain that that would be the outcome if
anyone
from her clan so much as blinked funny at her life-mate.

"Explain what?" Buffy asked, noting that Willow had begun to growl
lowly.

"I'll tell you later, in private." Willow offered, her eyes begging the

blonde sitting beside her to please just trust her. She really didn't
want
to explain the ins and outs of a Brahan mating ritual right now, not
with
her cat offering helpful details on some of the more exotic points of
the
whole thing.

"As for your scent." Dysis spoke, breaking the staring contest the two
had
seemed to have fallen into. 'They just had to discover their hormones
now!,' she silently cursed with a shake of her head. 'I'm getting too
old
for this.'

End Part Ten.

------
The way to a man's heart is through the chest cavity with a chainsaw

"We can't fight gravity on a planet that insists/That love is like
falling/And falling is like this" - Ani Difranco "Falling is Like This"